Monday, November 16, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Many people can't drink milk or use dairy products after they reach school age. This is because after infancy, their bodies can no longer digest lactose, the sugar found in milk. They are lactose intolerant. This is a normal condition and not a disease. Fortunately, there are many other ways to get the nutrients we need.
Some people are allergic to milk and cannot drink milk or use dairy products. They can get calcium, vitamin D, and protein from fortified soy milk and from other foods.
It's important to remember that dairy products are not the only sources of calcium. Many plant-foods contain calcium, and the calcium from some plant foods is easier to absorb than the calcium in milk.
Main Entree: Chicken Patty on a Bun; BBQ Beef Rib on a Bun; Chicken Caesar Salad
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bacon & Egg on a Biscuit
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Science Fair Club
NO science fair club today! Please see Mrs. Franklin today for your assignment.
There will be band tutoring today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 122. If you have any questions, see Ms. Harrison.
Family Reading Night
We MOUSTACHE you to come to Family Reading Night! There will be dinner served. Some of the activities will be poetry writing, a fun photo booth, the chance to design an advertisement, plus raffles for books & more! Students should be keeping track of the pages they are reading between November 2nd & November 13th. The top reader in each class will get to draw a moustache on a teacher's or administrator's photo that will be displayed in the trophy case in the main lobby. Students' names will also be entered into a special drawing.
Flyers are going home. Please fill out the bottom & return this RSVP.
Scholastic Book Fair
The book fair has finally arrived! If you have your money, you will be able to spend it today. If you forgot your money, be sure to remember it tomorrow. The book fair will be open through Friday. Many of the books are at least $10, but there are many others less than $10.
The book fair will also be open on the evening of Family Reading Night. Hope to see you there!
Family Movie Date
Come watch The Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 2 at Showplace 8 on Dirksen Parkway.
When: Sunday, November 22nd
Place: Showplace 8
Cost: $5.99 with Coupon
$5 Popcorn Pack
There will be a FREE book give-away and a commit to read wall! See Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112 for the movie coupon.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Box Tops 4 Education
Keep collecting those Box Tops! The next drawing for the special lunch will be held at the end of November.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Basketball
7th grade girls have practice today from 2:45-4PM.
NO practice today.
• Boys' Basketball
6th grade boys have practice tonight beginning at 6PM.
• SHS Youth Cheer Camp
Clinic Date & Time: Friday, December 4th from 4-6PM with registration beginning at 3:30PM
Location: Springfield High School Annex & Gymnasium
Cost: $25 non-refundable with checks made payable to SHS Cheerleading with your participant's name in the memo
What to Wear: T-shirt, shorts or pants [no jeans], tennis shoes, & socks. Hair should be pulled back.
Participants will receive a t-shirt at the clinic. The t-shirts are to be worn during the participants' performance, which will be the following Friday, December 11th at the half time of the Junior Varsity game. Game begins at 6PM & participants should arrive at that time to review their learned material.
Please contact Coach Nora Lauer with your child's registration information as soon as possible! If registration occurs after Monday, November 30th, your child will NOT be guaranteed a clinic t-shirt.
Registration forms are available in the Jaguar News section in the lobbies.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!