Friday, December 11, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
For an after school snack, combine a cup of real fruit juice, a banana and a handful of frozen strawberries in a blender and make a yummy fruit smoothie. If you use calcium fortified orange juice, your smoothie will be a bone builder.
Why is an apple the ideal snack? It's tasty and good for you. It doesn't leave a slippery peel behind, like a banana does. It takes a long time to go bad, so it's perfect for lunches, long hikes, or right after school. Unlike oranges, it won't make your fingers sticky.
The Vitamin C in oranges and in many other fruits and vegetables helps your body heal if you get a cut.
Jonathan C., Catriona W., Colin B., Alexis H., Kalie K., Shaniya J., Christopher M., & Shaun D.!
Main Entree: Chili Frito Pie; Hot Dog; Hot Ham & Cheese
Monday's Breakfast: Pancake on a Stick
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Beta club will meet after school today from 2:45-4PM in room 218. See Ms. Chavours or Mrs. Hines if you have questions.
No IMSA meeting this week. See you next week on Tuesday, December 15th.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
"Even In The Future, The Story Begins With Once Upon A Time."
Join the JMS book club! We will be reading Cinder. Anyone may join! We will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip!
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Jaguar Spirit Wear Design Contest
November 23rd through December 11th, 2015
Here is your chance to create your own Spirit Wear design. During the above time frame, design a t-shirt using words, a picture and a positive quote.
There are three categories: MOST CREATIVE, BEST DESIGN AND GREAT EFFORT.
The winner will be announced during the week of December 14, 2015! The winner’s design will be featured on the next JMS spirit wear order. Have fun creating!
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Box Tops 4 Education
Keep collecting those Box Tops! The next drawing for the special lunch will be held at the end of November.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Basketball
6/7/8th grade girls basketball teams:
The pizza party is tonight from 5:30-7:30PM in the JMS gym. Bring your uniform to turn in if you have not done so already.
• Girls' Volleyball
7/8th grade girls volleyball call backs will be held today from 2:30-4PM.
• Boys' Basketball
6th grade boys have basketball games tomorrow at GMS at 9:30AM.
8th grade boys have practice tomorrow from 2-4PM.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!