Monday, December 14, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Why eat vegetables? Because they help prevent many diseases and give us the nutrients we need to look and feel great.
Need a new hobby? Grow your own vegetables at home, in a garden, window box, or inside, like a regular plant.
You can buy vegetable seeds and potting soil at the store, and plant the seeds in the soil at your home. Water them every day, and watch them grow! The easiest vegetables to grow are tomatoes, yellow squash, radishes, and sweet peppers.
Ahzsa S. & Doran S.!
Main Entree: Chicken Patty on a Bun; BBQ Rib on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bagels with Cream Cheese or Peanut Butter
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
There will be art club after school today from 2:30-4PM in room 118. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Magruder.
There will be band tutoring after school today from 2:30-4PM in room 122. If you have any questions, see Ms. Harrison.
Science club will meet after school today from 2:30-4PM in room 209. See Ms. Wright or Mrs. Franklin if you have questions.
IMSA will meet tomorrow after school from 2:30-4PM in room 202. See Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
"Even In The Future, The Story Begins With Once Upon A Time."
Join the JMS book club! We will be reading Cinder. Anyone may join! We will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip!
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Box Tops 4 Education
Keep collecting those Box Tops! The next drawing for the special lunch will be held at the end of November.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
NO practice today.
• Boys' Basketball
8th grade boys have practice today from 6-8PM.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!