Wednesday, January 6, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Did you know that some vegetables are fruits? Any vegetable with seeds in it is really a fruit, so bell peppers, squash, and tomatoes are actually fruits.
Frozen vegetables are easy to make because you don't have to wash or cut the vegetables. In just minutes you can have a full meal — in a large pot, boil your favorite pasta. When it's almost done, add a bag of your favorite frozen veggies, stir until everything is done, drain carefully, and finally add some tomato sauce and stir until heated through.
Vegetables are fine on their own or can be more interesting, if you have daring taste buds. Try vegetables with lemon juice, soy sauce, curry sauce, tomato sauce, or dressing.
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: Chicken Nuggets; BBQ Pulled Pork; Yogurt
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Egg & Cheese Biscuit
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Washington, D.C. Fundraiser Info
8th graders going to Washington, D.C.:
All money and order forms for the Krispy Kreme fundraiser are due Friday by 2:30PM. Donuts will be at JMS next Friday, January 15th, by 7:15AM. All order forms and money are due to Mr. Craner in room 117.
Do NOT forget that you have a meeting during lunch tomorrow! See Mrs. Gwinn in room 214 if you have any questions.
Our next IMSA meeting will be next Tuesday, January 12th. See Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman if you have any questions.
Next practice is tomorrow after school from 2:30-4PM. See Ms. Harrison if you have questions.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
"Even In The Future, The Story Begins With Once Upon A Time."
Join the JMS book club! We will be reading Cinder. Anyone may join! We will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip!
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing in January so keep collecting those box tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
• Boys' Basketball
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!