Friday, January 8, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Final Exam Schedule
Friday ~ Electives Exams
Monday ~ Literature/Writing Exams
Tuesday ~ Math Exams
Thursday ~ Science/History Exams
Friday ~ Make Up Exams
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
You've probably eaten some whole grains before. Popcorn, oatmeal, brown rice, and whole wheat bread are all whole grain products. Barley, buckwheat, and millet are other whole grains that are popular in different parts of the world.
Grains come from all over the world and have been grown since ancient times. For example, amaranth was grown by the Aztecs while teff is popular in Ethiopia. Barley has been found along with mummies in Egypt.
Most of the grains that you eat should be whole grains. Some ways to eat more whole grains could be having a bowl of whole grain cereal at breakfast and a sandwich made with whole wheat bread at lunch. Other ideas include having a whole grain muffin for breakfast, a bowl of popcorn for a snack, and brown rice with your dinner.
Marquis M., Jamarion J., Isaiah W., & Andilyn S.!
Main Entree: Buffalo Chicken Sandwich; Cheese Pizza Bagel
Monday's Breakfast: Surprise!
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Washington, D.C. Fundraiser Info
8th graders going to Washington, D.C.:
All money and order forms for the Krispy Kreme fundraiser are due today by 2:30PM. Donuts will be at JMS next Friday, January 15th, by 7:15AM. All order forms and money are due to Mr. Craner in room 117.
Attention all 6th graders!
The WEB leaders would like you to stay after school on Tuesday to attend a WEB activity. Sign up will be today at lunch. There will be an activity bus available to take you home on Tuesday.
Our next IMSA meeting will be next Tuesday, January 12th. See Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman if you have any questions.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
"Even In The Future, The Story Begins With Once Upon A Time."
Join the JMS book club! We will be reading Cinder. Anyone may join! We will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip!
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing in January so keep collecting those box tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
7/8th grade practice from 2:30-4PM today.
• Boys' Basketball
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!