Wednesday, January 13, 2016
• INSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE TEMPERATURE IS ABOVE 30˚ •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Final Exam Schedule
Thursday ~ Science/History Exams
Friday ~ Make Up Exams
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Start your day, the whole grain way! It takes just minutes to make oatmeal or another hot whole grain cereal for breakfast. Top your hot cereal with raisins, fresh fruit, nuts, or a dash of cinnamon.
Don't just eat one unsweetened whole grain breakfast cereal — make your own special mix! You can have it for breakfast or for an easy snack.
Try using whole wheat bread to make a sandwich. If you're used to using white bread, start with one slice of whole wheat and one slice of white. You'll get used to the more flavorful whole wheat bread quickly.
Nicholas C.-H., Angelica M., Marcus A., & Roderick L.!
Main Entree: Mozzarella Bread Sticks with Dipping Sauce; Popcorn Chicken
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Biscuit with Gravy
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Thank to those of you who picked up an AVID application. If you have an application, please complete the application along with the teacher recommendation form attached, and please return it to Mrs. Lott or Ms. Petty in room 222 by tomorrow. We look forward to you turning in your application!
Washington, D.C. Fundraiser Info
8th graders going to Washington, D.C.:
Fundraiser donuts will be at JMS Friday, January 15th, by 7:15AM.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
"Even In The Future, The Story Begins With Once Upon A Time."
Join the JMS book club! We will be reading Cinder. Anyone may join! We will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip!
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing in January so keep collecting those box tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
Congrats to the 7th grade team for playing hard in their 3 games last night against GMS! 7th grade practice today from 4-5PM.
Congrats to the 8th grade team on their win over GMS last night! 8th grade practice today from 5-6PM.
• Springfield Youth Football
Tackle football for 1st through 8th grade!
2016 registration will be held Saturday, February 6th from 10AM-1PM in the basement of the Bank of Springfield Building at 9th & Madison.
New players must bring a copy of their birth certificate that the league can keep. The registration fee is $105 for returning players and $135 for new players.
Flyers are available in the Jaguar News.
For more information, call (217) 341-8205 or email email@example.com or go to http://www.springfieldyouthfootball.com
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!