Tuesday, January 26, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
In Italy, people eat pasta that is made from wheat; it is delicious with sauce made from tomatoes. The herbs basil and oregano give flavor and aroma. Now pasta is available in whole grain varieties, and these are great because they have fiber.
In China and other parts of Southeast Asia, people eat rice from a bowl, along with colorful vegetables plus high protein foods such as tofu, made from soybeans. Even small children learn to eat with chopsticks.
Main Entree: Flatbread Pepperoni Pizza Sandwich; Chicken Enchiladas; Chili
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Biscuit & Gravy
**No A La Carte selling for the rest of January due to gum on Trays!**
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Yearbook! Get your yearbook here! Haven't ordered your 2015-16 JMS yearbook yet? There is still time! You can order yearbooks through February 29th for $20. See Ms. Sponsler in room 123, Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 103 or the Jaguar News for an order form. The price will increase to $25 after March 1st, so get those orders in!
NO show choir practice today!
The JMS Scholastic Bowl team has a HOME meet today after school. Competition begins at 3:30PM. Good luck!
IMSA will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 202. See Mrs. Horstman or Ms. Wright if you have questions.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
The JMS book club will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip! If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Washington, D.C. Info
There is still time for you to sign up for the Washington, D.C. trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
8th graders interested in becoming an exchange student in Ashikaga, Japan:
The next information session will be held on Monday, February 8th at 7PM in the Board Room of the Springfield District 186 Administrative Center at 1900 W. Monroe Street next to Grant Middle School.
All interested students and their parents are encouraged to attend. Applications will be available at the meetings. February 29th is the application deadline.
Families unable to attend one of the information sessions may contact the SCAS Ashikaga committee chair for more information and an application packet. Be sure to check out the article on the JMS webpage for contact information.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle.
the winner of the lunch raffle for January is Aiden S. — Congratulations! Aiden gets to choose a guest of honor for a special lunch on Thursday.
There will be another drawing in February so keep collecting those box tops!
Spirit Wear Orders
JMS Spirit Wear orders are being accepted now! You may order long-sleeve t-shirts, crew neck sweatshirts, and hooded sweatshirts [may not be worn in class]. No short-sleeve t-shirts are being sold at this time. All order forms and money are due no later than February 5th!
Order forms can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
- 7/8th grade have AWAY games at Christ the King. The 1st game begins at 4PM. The team bus will leave JMS at 3PM.
- No 6th grade practice today.
• Springfield Youth Football
Tackle football for 1st through 8th grade!
2016 registration will be held Saturday, February 6th from 10AM-1PM in the basement of the Bank of Springfield Building at 9th & Madison.
New players must bring a copy of their birth certificate that the league can keep. The registration fee is $105 for returning players and $135 for new players.
Flyers are available in the Jaguar News.
For more information, call (217) 341-8205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://www.springfieldyouthfootball.com
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!