Monday, February 29, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
If you try out for a team of your favorite sport and don't make it, don't become discouraged! See if you can join a non-competitive club for that sport, ad practice hard so you can try again next year. And, you don't need to do team sports to be fit. You can do activities like biking, swimming, yoga, and jogging.
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: Mini Pizza Bagels; Corn Dog
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bagels or Smoothies
**February is Heart Smart month. We are going to have an additional healthy meal each day. It will be announced as Healthy Heart Smart!**
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Science & History Night
Coming soon …. Science and History Night Salutes the Military on Thursday, March 3rd!
Come play Battleship, take your picture in the photo booth, make and shoot a paper rocket, and take part in the mini boot camp!
There will be raffle prizes and dinner will be served.
Yearbook! Get your yearbook here! Haven't ordered your 2015-16 JMS yearbook yet? There is still time! You can order yearbooks through February 29th for $20. See Ms. Sponsler in room 123, Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 103 or the Jaguar News for an order form. The price will increase to $25 after March 1st, so get those orders in!
It is Book Fair time again. If you want a good book to read for the JMS Book Challenge, come to the book fair and buy a book. There will be many books at bargain prices. It will be open every day this week. We will be open Thursday during Science and History Night so bring your parents to the book fair in the library that night.
JMS Bingo Book Challenge
Congratulations to the following students on completing the JMS BINGO Book Challenge!
Kobe P. [2 cards]
Riley W. [7 cards]
Alecianna S. [2 cards]
Sean S. [2 cards]
Beebe's BINGO Door
Congratulations to Mrs. Beebe's 7th hour for earning a BINGO on their door. You have earned a BINGO party! Great Job!
Meet today in room 122 from 2:30-4PM. See Ms. Harrison if you have any questions.
Meet today in room 118 from 2:30-4PM. See Mrs. Magruder if you have any questions.
Meet today in room 209 from 2:30-4PM. See Ms. Wright or Mrs. Franklin if you have any questions.
Yearbook Staff Meeting
Meet today in room 103 from 2:30-4PM. See Mrs. Goss-Rodgers or Mrs. Flanagan if you have any questions. Bring all of your things and report to the classroom by 2:35PM.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
The JMS book club will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip! If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Washington, D.C. Info
There is still time for you to sign up for the Washington, D.C. trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing at the end of February so keep turning in those boxtops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
Track tryouts will occur on Tuesday, March 8 and Thursday March 10. Participants need to bring running clothes and shoes on the tryout dates. All participants need to have a sports physical on file with the school. Come to the gym immediately after school on Tuesday. There will be tryouts on Tuesday and Thursday of next week. Practices will then run on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for the remainder of the season. Students need to carry a 2.0 GPA to be eligible for the team. Please direct any questions to Mr. Blunk in room 215.
• Girls' Volleyball
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!