Tuesday, March 8, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
You can tell if a food contains transfats by checking the ingredient listing. If the ingredients include the worlds "partially hydrogenated" or "hydrogenated," then the food probably contains transfats. Health experts say that it would be best to eat no transfats.
Main Entree: Chicken Enchiladas; Bacon Cheeseburger
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bagel with Cream Cheese or Smoothie
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Ms. Small in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Wednesday 6th Grade PE Classes
6th grade PE classes will NOT meet in the gym tomorrow due to the sports and clubs pictures.
• Mr. Buchanan's 3rd & 4th hour classes will meet in Mr. Craner's room.
• Ms. Collings' 3rd & 4th hour classes will meet in Mrs. Wilson's room.
• Mr. Knox's 3rd & 4th hour classes will meet in Mrs. Beebe's room.
NO IMSA meeting today!
Meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 209. See Mrs. Franklin or Ms. Wright if you have questions.
Practice today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 122. See Ms. Harrison if you have any questions.
Team has HOME competition today after school at 3:30PM. Report to room 103 after school. See Mrs. Flanagan or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers if you have questions.
Please wear your WEB shirts tomorrow for a group yearbook picture.
The results are in from the New Berlin Art Show! Congratulations to 8th grader Michaela C. for winning 2nd place in the cartooning & animation category; 7th grader Jessie H. for winning 2nd place in the landscape category; and 6th grader Landon K. for winning 4th place in figure drawing. Great job!
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
Book Club will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4PM. See Mrs. Sullivan or Mrs. Walls-Butler if you have any questions.
Dress Down Day for No Tardies
The "dress down" day for students will be tomorrow. This is for students who have had ZERO tardies this quarter. Your teachers have lists of those who may participate. You will receive a wrist band in 1st hour tomorrow. You must follow District dress code guidelines which include no jeans with rips and no yoga pants or exercise wear. If you have questions, see an administrator.
Washington, D.C. Info
There is still time for you to sign up for the Washington, D.C. trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing at the end of February so keep turning in those boxtops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
6th grade volleyball:
Please bring your complete uniform to school tomorrow for team pictures. You will have time to change when your team is called for pictures.
Track tryouts will occur today and Thursday. Participants need to bring running clothes and shoes on the tryout dates. All participants need to have a sports physical on file with the school. Come to the gym immediately after school on Tuesday. There will be tryouts on Tuesday and Thursday of next week. Practices will then run on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for the remainder of the season. Students need to carry a 2.0 GPA to be eligible for the team. Please direct any questions to Mr. Blunk in room 215.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!