Monday, April 11, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
To stay strong and healthy, eat plenty of plant foods such as vegetables, whole grains, and beans. These contain iron and protein. They provide fiber, which carries waste products out of your body, and vitamins and minerals which protect you from disease, help your mind concentrate well, and keep your body working the way it is supposed to.
Adam C. & Ian L.!
Main Entree: Big Daddy Pizza; BBQ Pulled Pork; Chef Salad
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Egg & Bacon Biscuit
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Ms. Small in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Spirit Wear Orders
The last spirit wear order of the school year is being placed now. Get your orders in by Thursday, April 14th. All orders and money should be turned in to Mrs. Collier in the main office. Pick up an order form from the Jaguar News.
The new yearbooks are here! You may NOT have the yearbooks out during the school day — only before school & after school. If you have your yearbook out during class, it will be taken from you.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
Meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 118. See Mrs. Magruder if you have questions.
Papa John's Fundraiser
Don't forget that our Papa John's fundraiser is Thursday. Mention JMS when you order & we will receive a portion of the funds.
The library will be closed for checkout starting this week. If you need to return a book, please leave it in the box on the table when you enter the library labeled "Book Return."
JMS Spring Dance
The JMS Spring Dance will be held Friday evening from 6-8PM. If you do not have your library books turned in or have not paid for them, you will not be allowed into the dance.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
For the months of April and May, we will be pulling from the raffle to see who wins certificates for Snack Attack items. There will be 8 winners each month. To be entered into the drawing, just bring in 10 unexpired boxtops attached to a “dollar” form & turn it in to your 1st hour teacher. Extra forms can be found in the Jaguar News.
Let’s go JMS, keep turning in those boxtops! Every single boxtop adds up and is a way to help support our school. Keep up the good work!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
Track practice today from 2:30-4PM. See Mr. Blunk if you have any questions.
• SSHS Cheer Tryouts
Anyone planning to tryout for the 2016-2017 Southeast Spartan Cheer Squad must attend the information meeting with a parent. At this meeting you will receive the necessary forms and information needed for tryouts. If you have any questions, contact Coach Denysha Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandatory Parent Informational Meeting:
Monday, April 4th at 6PM in the Southeast HS Commons or Auditorium
Monday, April 18th from 5-7:30PM
Tuesday, April 19th through Friday, April 22nd from 5-7:30PM in the gym
Saturday, April 23rd at 9AM
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!