Monday, May 9, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
What makes you likely to buy a certain food> Have you ever bought a food (or asked someone else to buy it) because you've seen it advertised? How much are your food purchases influenced by advertising?
The food industry spends a lot of money on advertisements to make people want their foods and buy them. They spend billions of dollars to advertise on TV, on billboards and in magazines and newspapers. Did you know that many we bites are created to sell products? Did you know that some companies give teachers materials to use in their classes that look educational but that are designed to make you buy certain foods?
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: Cheese Enchiladas; Cheeseburgers
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bacon & Egg on a Biscuits
Remember that you may choose the Grab 'n Go breakfast in the morning! Please be sure to throw your trash away in the trash cans. Do not throw it on the playground.
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Ms. Small in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Washington, D.C. Trip Meeting
Attention 8th graders going to Washington, D.C. —
There is a mandatory parent meeting for you and your parent or guardian on Wednesday May 18th at 6PM in the JMS library. You and your parent or guardian must attend this meeting! If you have any questions, see Mr. Craner in room 117.
The new yearbooks are here! You may NOT have the yearbooks out during the school day — only before school & after school. If you have your yearbook out during class, it will be taken from you.
There is a limited number of yearbooks available for sale. Yearbooks cost $25 each. Please see Ms. Sponsler in room 123 to purchase one today!
Brain Boosters will meet tomorrow after school from 2:30-4:15PM for the last time for this school year.
Highway to Health
Highway to Health Day is back again this year on May 31st! This year we are selling Highway to Health t-shirts. These t-shirts may be worn to school as spirit wear.
The t-shirts cost $10 each and come in heliconia pink, bright orange, kelly green, and gold. Pick up an order form from the Jaguar News.
All orders and money should be turned in to Mrs. Collier in the main office no later than Friday, May 13th.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Our last box top raffle drawing will be on Monday, May 16th! If you would like to be entered for a chance to win 1 of 8 certificates for snack attack, just bring in 10 unexpired boxtops attached to a "dollar" form and turn it in to your 1st hour teacher by Friday, May 13th.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
NO track practice today.
• 3rd Annual Jaguar Classic
Come to the 3rd Annual Jaguar Classic on Friday, May 13th from 6-8PM in the JMS gym. Admission costs $3 per person.
1. 8th grade girls volleyball team vs their parents
2. 8th grade athletes will be recognized for their hard work.
3. 8th grade boys & girls basketball teams vs the Great JMS Staff
4. 8th grade boys basketball team vs the JMS Alumni
• Summer Sport Camps
Be sure to check the Jaguar News by the gym for information on a variety of summer sport camps.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!