Friday, May 13, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Have you ever seen an ad or a commercial for broccoli? If you haven't, do you wonder why not? Advertisers make more money from selling processed foods like breakfast cereals, fast foods, and sodas than they would make from fruits and vegetables. Imagine how it might change people's diets if ads told us how attractive, fit, and healthy we will be when we eat more fruits and vegetables!
Narkel L., Frank S., & Isabella G.!
Main Entree: Cheeseburger; Grilled Cheese; Salsa or Cheese Dip with Chips
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagel or Grab 'N Go
Remember that you may choose the Grab 'n Go breakfast in the morning! Please be sure to throw your trash away in the trash cans. Do not throw it on the playground.
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Ms. Small in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
6th graders who signed up for WEB study skills —
Don't forget we are meeting Tuesday, May 17th at 2:35PM in room 214.
Washington, D.C. Trip Meeting
Attention 8th graders going to Washington, D.C. —
There is a mandatory parent meeting for you and your parent or guardian on Wednesday May 18th at 6PM in the JMS library. You and your parent or guardian must attend this meeting! If you have any questions, see Mr. Craner in room 117.
The new yearbooks are here! You may NOT have the yearbooks out during the school day — only before school & after school. If you have your yearbook out during class, it will be taken from you.
There is a limited number of yearbooks available for sale. Yearbooks cost $25 each. Please see Ms. Sponsler in room 123 to purchase one today!
Highway to Health
If you are planning on ordering a Highway to Health t-shirt, all orders and money should be turned in to Mrs. Collier in the main office today. Order forms are in the Jaguar News in the main lobby.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Our last box top raffle drawing will be on Monday, May 16th! If you would like to be entered for a chance to win 1 of 8 certificates for snack attack, just bring in 10 unexpired boxtops attached to a "dollar" form and turn it in to your 1st hour teacher today.
Generations Disney 2016
Who: Boys and girls ages 5-14 years old
When: May 15th 3-5:30PM; May 16th 5:30-8PM; May 17th 5:30-8PM; May 18th 6:30-Performance at the SSHS Spring Concert
Where: Southeast High School
What: Students receive instruction in vocal & choreography sessions and perform a medley of fun songs inspired by Disney movies at the SSHS auditorium on Wednesday May 18th.
Cost: $40 per student
Contact T. Williams at email@example.com for more information.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
No practice today.
Sectional meet tomorrow at SSHS at 9AM. Team bus leaves JMS at 8:15AM.
• 3rd Annual Jaguar Classic
Come to the 3rd Annual Jaguar Classic tonight from 6-8PM in the JMS gym. Admission costs $3 per person.
1. 8th grade girls volleyball team vs their parents
2. 8th grade athletes will be recognized for their hard work.
3. 8th grade boys & girls basketball teams vs the Great JMS Staff
4. 8th grade boys basketball team vs the JMS Alumni
• Summer Sport Camps
Be sure to check the Jaguar News by the gym for information on a variety of summer sport camps.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!