Tuesday, May 17, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
When you hear an advertisement or a commercial about food, think about who is saying it and that they want to make money by selling it. For instance, we often hear that milk and dairy products are important to build strong bones. We don't hear as much about other foods that also have calcium like broccoli or kale and other important factors for bone health, like exercise and sunlight. That's because the dairy industry has lots of money for advertising, while the broccoli farmers do not.
Tasiyana B., Devon D., Garrick M., & Wesley G.!
Main Entree: Tacos; Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Tomorrow's Breakfast: French Toast Sticks or Grab 'N Go
Remember that you may choose the Grab 'n Go breakfast in the morning! Please be sure to throw your trash away in the trash cans. Do not throw it on the playground.
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Ms. Small in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
6th graders who signed up for WEB study skills —
Don't forget we are meeting today at 2:35PM in room 214.
Please turn in your permission slips and money to Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman as soon as possible!
Science Fair News
Congratulations to Andrew S. & Lucas B. for earning a silver certificate at the State Science Fair at Milikin University on Saturday. This is a culmination of 7 months of scientific work. They represented JMS proudly!
Washington, D.C. Trip Meeting
Attention 8th graders going to Washington, D.C. —
There is a mandatory parent meeting for you and your parent or guardian tomorrow evening at 6PM in the JMS library. You and your parent or guardian must attend this meeting! If you have any questions, see Mr. Craner in room 117.
The new yearbooks are here! You may NOT have the yearbooks out during the school day — only before school & after school. If you have your yearbook out during class, it will be taken from you.
There is a limited number of yearbooks available for sale. Yearbooks cost $25 each. Please see Ms. Sponsler in room 123 to purchase one today!
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Our last box top raffle drawing will be on Monday, May 16th! If you would like to be entered for a chance to win 1 of 8 certificates for snack attack, just bring in 10 unexpired boxtops attached to a "dollar" form and turn it in to your 1st hour teacher today.
Generations Disney 2016
Who: Boys and girls ages 5-14 years old
When: May 15th 3-5:30PM; May 16th 5:30-8PM; May 17th 5:30-8PM; May 18th 6:30-Performance at the SSHS Spring Concert
Where: Southeast High School
What: Students receive instruction in vocal & choreography sessions and perform a medley of fun songs inspired by Disney movies at the SSHS auditorium on Wednesday May 18th.
Cost: $40 per student
Contact T. Williams at email@example.com for more information.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
The JMS track team had 2 athletes qualify for State on Saturday — Lezhauria W. & Tyrese P. Please congratulate them today!
Other track members should turn in their uniforms to Mr. Blunk by Thursday. Put your uniform in a bag and write your name with all the uniform piece sizes and numbers on a piece of paper attached to the bag. Fines will be given out starting on Friday for missing uniforms.
• Summer Sport Camps
Be sure to check the Jaguar News by the gym for information on a variety of summer sport camps.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!