Monday, May 23, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Companies that make soda also work very hard to make sure that schools don't ban sales of soda. They hire people called lobbyists to convince state legislators and school boards that soda should be sold at school. They ignore issues like the connection between soda and being overweight in order to sell their product. Because they know that they have to seem like they care and are doing something, they say they will get rid of regular soda, but then they plan to make just as much money selling diet soda and the "sports" drinks, which have almost as much sugar as soda.
Main Entree: Big Daddy's Cheese Pizza; Philly Steak Sandwich
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bacon & Egg on a Biscuit
Remember that you may choose the Grab 'n Go breakfast in the morning! Please be sure to throw your trash away in the trash cans. Do not throw it on the playground.
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Ms. Small in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
The last day to purchase yearbooks will be today. There are only 20 left. Yearbooks cost $25 each. Get yours before they are gone!
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
Track members should turn in their uniforms to Mr. Blunk as soon as possible. Put your uniform in a bag and write your name with all the uniform piece sizes and numbers on a piece of paper attached to the bag. Fines are being issued for missing uniforms.
• Summer Sport Camps
Be sure to check the Jaguar News by the gym for information on a variety of summer sport camps.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!