Wednesday, November 30, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • 1:30PM DISMISSAL TODAY •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a great one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Each year in the United States anaphylactic reactions to food causes over 30 thousand visits to a hospital emergency room. The people who are most likely to have a serious reaction are those who have a food allergy and also asthma. Fortunately the newer labels on foods are helping us because now people with allergies can know if any of the most common allergens are in the food by looking at the label's allergen listing.
Photos & Videos
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
Lockers ~ Make sure you have your locker information and combinations. Lunch interventions/detentions will be issued for those who continually come to the office. You may NOT leave your binders or book bags on the floor by your locker. If you do, your bag or binder will be taken to the lost and found by the gym.
Trash on the Playground - There is too much trash being thrown on the ground after breakfast and after lunch. If you take food items outside, you MUST place your trash in the trashcans. If the extreme littering continues, no snack items will be sold during lunches.
Hall Passes - If you are in the hallway during class time, you must have a pass or be with a supervising adult. NO exceptions!
Bathroom Passes - Remember ~ you only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
No Birthdays Today
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entree: Honey BBQ Ribs; Cheese Pizza
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Biscuit with Gravy
NO GUM ON TRAYS!!!
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
Don't forget that you have practice after school Thursday from 2:30-4PM.
Box Tops 4 Education
We will be having another drawing in November so keep collecting those BoxTops and turn them in to Mrs. Wilson in room 113 or to your 1st hour teacher.
Technology Acceptable Use Policy Forms
Tech AUPs were sent home last week. This form must be signed by the student and his/her parent/guardian and returned to JMS. No technology may be used in the building until a signed form is returned. Please get those forms returned ASAP.
Order forms for the new JMS t-shirt design can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
Practice & game schedules can be found in the Jaguar Sports' News in the Gym Lobby.
• Girls' Volleyball
Volleyball tryouts for 7th & 8th grade girls will be held Saturday, December 3rd.
7th grade from 8-10AM
8th grade from 10AM-Noon
* Please come to the back parking lot gym door.
* You must come to the first day of tryouts to be able to be called back for future tryouts.
* Please wear appropriate workout clothes and shoes.
* Bring a water bottle and asthma inhalers if needed.
* DO NOT go out and buy spandex or knee pads.
* DO NOT bring friends that are not trying out or that do not attend JMS because they will NOT be allowed to stay.
* DO NOT bring siblings because they will NOT be allowed to stay.
* ONLY 7th & 8th grade girls that are trying out for volleyball are allowed to come at the appropriate time.
• Girls' Basketball
7th grade - Complete uniforms need to be returned to Coach Gephart in room 216 this week.
8th grade - All girls playing in the regional tournament ~ you have practice today from 3-6PM.
6th grade -
7th grade -
8th grade -
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!