Friday, October 6, 2017
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
You may only go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You may not go to your locker between classes. Be sure you are prepared for class!
You only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
De'Maia K., Maria H., Michaela H., Jamarius W., Matthew P., Dayshanti P., Azaria L., Mickali G., Brian R., & Zharia P.!
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entrée: BBQ Pork Rib; Fish Sandwich; Cold Plate; PBJ Sandwich; Chicken Salad in a Pepper
Tuesday's Breakfast: Muffins
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
When you hear the tardy bell music, girls should be in the cafeteria and boys should be outside. You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch
PE LOCKER ROOMS
The PE locker rooms are open in the morning before advisory everyday. This is when you should put your PE clothes in your PE locker. No bags are allowed in classrooms.
Order forms for long sleeve t-shirts, crew neck sweatshirts, and hoodies can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. Please remember that hoodies cannot be worn in the classroom. All orders and money are due today for this first round of ordering. The next order will not be submitted until Oct. 27th.
BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION
Congratulations to our September Box Top winners — Olivea B. & Noah C.! These two students' names were drawn and they will enjoy lunch from their choice of restaurants.
Keep bringing in those Box Tops!
The library will be closed all day today. There will be NO before school book checkout!
Fall Picture Day
Fall picture day will be Thursday, October 12th. Listen to the morning announcements for more information. Order forms have been sent home! You may wear any shirt with your uniform pants. Your shirt choice must fall within the District Dress Code Guidelines.
Art Club is full! Listen to the morning announcements Tuesday for the list of names. The first meeting will be held on Tuesday after school in room 118.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cheerleaders -
• Cross Country - Sectional meet tomorrow. Be at JMS by 7AM for the team bus. Your ride must be here at 1:30PM to pick you up.
• 6th Grade Girls' Basketball - No games tomorrow — bye week.
• 7th Grade Girls' Basketball -
• 8th Grade Girls' Basketball -
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice today for A & B teams from 4-6PM. Games tomorrow at FMS. Be there by 9AM.
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball - Tryouts will be soon. Be sure you have an updated physical. If you plan on playing basketball, you need to make plans to get a physical now.
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball - Tryouts will be soon. Be sure you have an updated physical. If you plan on playing basketball, you need to make plans to get a physical now.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ….
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!