Thursday, May 10, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK ~ THANK YOU, JMS TEACHERS, FOR ALL THAT YOU DO •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
Due to the high number of overdue library books this year, there will be no more check-out. We will only have check-in. Please return all library books to the library and place them in the box right inside the library doors. If your book is in your locker, be sure to return it to the library as soon as possible.
Thank you to the following classes for being respectful and doing the right thing while with a guest teacher!
- 04/24 & 04/30 Mrs. Sullivan's Advisory, 4th, & 5th period classes
- 04/30 Ms. Chavour's 7th period class
- 04/30, 05/01, & 05/04 Ms. Johnson's Advisory, 3rd, & 6th period classes
- 05/02 Mrs. Constant's 3rd period class
- 05/03 Ms. Petty's Advisory class
- 05/03 Mrs. Magruder's 4th period class
- 05/04 Ms. Alexander's 7the period class
Congratulations and keep making good choices!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Did you ever think about all of the work that our bones do? They help us walk, run, jump, and dance. It's important to have strong bones because strong bones are less likely to break.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, etc.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
You may only go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You may not go to your locker between classes. Be sure you are prepared for class!
You only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
We are conducting hallway sweeps! Get to class on time. If you are tardy, you will be instructed to go to one of the offices where you will call your parent and then be issued consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Malachi R. & Dylan B.!
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entrée: Grilled Chicken with Chili Sauce
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
When you hear the tardy bell music, girls should be in the cafeteria and boys should be outside. You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch!
PE LOCKER ROOMS
The PE locker rooms are open in the morning before advisory everyday. This is when you should put your PE clothes in your PE locker. No bags are allowed in classrooms.
BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION
Congratulations to Noah C. on being the April Box Top winner! Noah has earned lunch for him and a friend from Taco Bell, a Snack Attack item, and a dress down day! Keep bringing in those Box Tops!
If you are on Check-in Check-out, please remember to give your check sheet to each of your teachers AND to check out with your last teacher of the day!
There are still yearbooks available! Get yours for the low price of $25. See Ms. Sponsler in room 123A.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters will meet after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
IMSA will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 206.
WEB leaders will have a meeting Monday from 2:35-4:15PM in room 214. Activity buses are available. Please let Mrs. Gwinn know if you cannot attend.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• JMS Cheerleaders -
• LHS Dance Team - Informational parent meeting on Wednesday, May 16th at 6PM in room 110. Clinics will be held on May 17th & 18th.
• SSHS GBB Camp - SSHS GBB summer camp from June 5-9. 2-4PM for 6-8 graders & 2-6PM for 9-12 graders. $10 fee. More info is available in the Jaguar News.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ….
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!