Tuesday, September 4, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 3: 9/4-9/7/18 Self-Management
I can identify what supports are available to me at school and use as needed.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Nyeda H., Taylor B., Deeahmoni S., & Elijah M.!
Main Entrée: Italian Pasta Bake with Garlic Bread OR Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Muffins
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! Boys go directly outside via the boiler room doors. Girls go directly to the cafeteria.
GUEST TEACHER KUDOS
Congratulations to the following classes for showing respectful behavior with a guest teacher!
- Ms. Grace's 6th & 7th period classes on 08/28/18.
- Mrs. Flanagan's 2nd period class on 08/23/18.
- Ms. Fleming's 3rd & 6th period classes on 08/28/18.
- Mr. Daugherty's Advisory class on 08/20/18 and 3rd period class on 08/22/18.
- Ms. Swaggerty's 7th period class on 08/31/18.
- Mr. Cruthis' 2nd & 5th period classes on 08/28/18.
Clubs & Other School Activities
Back to School Dance
The Back to School Dance will be held Friday from 3-5PM in the JMS Gym. Admission will be $3 per student. Ms. Crump will be announcing dress code for the dance on the morning announcements ASAP.
Acceptable Use Policy
Each student must have a signed AUP on file before that student may use tech devices in the building. The first grade level to reach 90% compliance will receive a dress down day reward! Get those AUPs signed and turned in as soon as possible. As in the past, no student will be denied the opportunity to participate in District mandated activities or assessments that require the use of technology.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cross Country - Pracitce today after school from 2:30-4PM. Meet in the gym. There will be an activity bus to take you home after practice.
• 7th Grade GBB - Practice today after schoo from 2:30-4PM.
• Cheerleaders - Practice today fro 4-6PM.
• 6th Grade GBB - Mandatory parent meeting today at 6PM.
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball - If you would like to tryout for volleyball team, see Ms. Toni in the Discipline Office, room 110. This is ONLY for 7th & 8th grade girls.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!