Tuesday, September 18, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 5: 9/17-9/21/18 Social Awareness
I will agree or disagree respectfully with peers and adults.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Main Entrée: Chicken Strips OR Big Daddy's Cheese Pizza
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Pizza
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! Boys go directly outside via the boiler room doors. Girls go directly to the cafeteria.
Clubs & Other School Activities
Congratulations to our winners! The following Advisory teachers pulled PRIDE cards this morning. Winners will receive a coupon for one FREE slushy. Great job everyone — keep showing that Jaguar PRIDE.
- Ms. Cullen
- Ms. Fleming
- Ms. Wright
- Mrs. Gwinn
GUEST TEACHER KUDOS
Congratulations to the following classes for showing respectful behavior with a guest teacher!
- Mrs. Flanagan's Adv., 2nd, & 5th period classes on 09/13/18.
- Ms. Thomas' 7th period class on 09/14/18.
- Mr. Knox's 6th period class on 09/12/18.
21st Century After-School Program
Applications for the 21st Century After-School Program can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. This program will begin in early October.
Brain Boosters will begin soon. Talk to your Guidance Dean for more information on joining this after-school program.
Acceptable Use Policy
Each student must have a signed AUP on file before that student may use tech devices in the building. Get those AUPs signed and turned in as soon as possible. As in the past, no student will be denied the opportunity to participate in District mandated activities or assessments that require the use of technology.
Congratulations to our 8th grade class for winning the 90% AUP challenge!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cross Country - XC meet today at Lincoln Park at 3:30PM. Team bus leaves JMS at 2:30PM.
• 6th Grade GBB - Practice today from 6-7PM.
• 7th Grade GBB - Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• 8th Grade GBB - Practice today from 4-5:30PM.
• Cheerleaders - Practice today from 4-6PM.
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball - If you would like to tryout for volleyball team, see Ms. Toni in the Discipline Office, room 110. This is ONLY for 7th & 8th grade girls.
• 6th Grade BBB -
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!