Friday, November 2, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 11: 10/29-11/02/18 Self-Management:
I can identify ways to self-motivate to achieve my goals.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Kyra K., Tiyona F., Kirah W., & William M.!
Main Entrée: Hamburger Horseshoe OR Spicy Chicken Strips with Bread
Monday's Breakfast: Hard Boiled Egg with Cinnamon Toast
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! Boys go directly outside via the boiler room doors. Girls go directly to the cafeteria.
The library is closed all day today. Please do not ask to go to the librarty. We will reopen on Monday.
Clubs & Other School Activities
United Way Fundraising Campaign
Today is our United Way Sports and Pie in the Face assembly! When it is time for the assembly, students with $1 will be called down to the gym one grade level at a time. Students must show their 7th period teacher the dollar before they will be allowed to leave the classroom. Money will be collected at the gym door. Students should bring all of their materials to the assembly. Those who do not attend the assembly will participate in a lesson on "Why to Live United."
Thank you for supporting United Way!
Pumped Up PRIDE Card Pull!
Congratulations to the winners! Winners names/prizes are posted outside of the cafeteria.
Guest Teacher Kudos
Congratulations to the following classes that earned treats for outstanding behavior with a guest teacher.
- Mr. D's 3rd period class on 10/25
- Ms. Hoffek's 4th & 6th period classes on 10/23 and 7th period on 10/24
- Ms. Wright's 7th period class on 10/24
Brain Boosters will begin soon. Talk to your Guidance Dean for more information on joining this after-school program.
Acceptable Use Policy
Each student must have a signed AUP on file before that student may use tech devices in the building. Get those AUPs signed and turned in as soon as possible. As in the past, no student will be denied the opportunity to participate in District mandated activities or assessments that require the use of technology.
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month of October. Come to school every day and stay all day!
Boxtops for Education
Bring in your Box Tops during the month of November for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of November. Two lucky students will be drawn.
Fall Academic Night
Mark your calendars for Jefferson's 1st Academic Night of the school year on Thursday, November 15th from 6-7:30PM. This will be a night of fun activities loosely based on the popular video game Fortnight. Flyers were sent home this week!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• 6th Grade GBB -
• 7th Grade GBB - Practice Tuesday from 2:30-4PM.
• 8th Grade GBB -
• Cheerleaders -
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball - If you would like to tryout for volleyball team, see Ms. Toni in the Discipline Office, room 110. This is ONLY for 7th & 8th grade girls.
• 6th Grade BBB - Games Saturday at Ball Charter beginning at 8AM.
• 7th Grade BBB - AWAY games today against Jacksonville MS at the JHS Bowl. The team bus will leave JMS at 5PM. 8th grade plays at 6:45PM & 7th grade plays at 8PM.
• 8th Grade BBB - AWAY games today against Jacksonville MS at the JHS Bowl. The team bus will leave JMS at 5PM. 8th grade plays at 6:45PM & 7th grade plays at 8PM.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!