Tuesday, November 20, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 14: 11/19-11/21/18 Responsible Decision-Making:
We will help extend one another's thinking by giving feedback.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Main Entrée: Cheese Lasagna with Garlic Bread OR Chicken Fajitas
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancakes
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! Boys go directly outside via the boiler room doors. Girls go directly to the cafeteria.
GUEST TEACHER KUDOS
Congratulations to the following classes for showing respect and doing the right thing when having a guest teacher!
- Ms. Draper 11/13 2nd Period
- Mrs. Mayfield 11/13 5th Period
- Ms. Thomas 11/08 Advisory Period
- Ms. Hoffek 11/09 4th Period
- Mrs. Goss-Rodgers 11/13 2nd Period
- Mrs. Hulvey 11/14 5th Period
- Ms. French 11/09 2nd Period
8TH GRADE T-SHIRT ORDERS
Order forms for 8th grade t-shirts are available in the Jaguar News in the Main Lobby. All orders and money are due tomorrow. Turn in your orders & money to Mrs. Staab & Mrs. Pyle.
TEXAS ROADHOUSE FUNDRAISER
We are kicking off our gift card fundraiser! Packets are being handed out in Advisory classes. Students will be taking orders for Texas Roadhouse gift cards. All money must be collected at the time of ordering. Orders and money are due by 11/27/18. See your packets for more information.
Clubs & Other School Activities
NO Brain Boosters this week.
NO 21st Century today or tomorrow.
Acceptable Use Policy
Each student must have a signed AUP on file before that student may use tech devices in the building. Get those AUPs signed and turned in as soon as possible. As in the past, no student will be denied the opportunity to participate in District mandated activities or assessments that require the use of technology.
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month of November. Come to school every day and stay all day!
Boxtops for Education
Bring in your Box Tops during the month of November for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of November. Two lucky students will be drawn.
Yearbook Staff Meeting
Yearbook staff members will meet next week on November 27th from 2:30-4PM in room 211. See Ms. Sponsler in room 211 or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 123A if you have questions.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• 6th Grade GBB -
• 7th Grade GBB - Players must return their uniforms to Coach Gephart in room 115. All uniforms need to be returned by Wednesday, November 21st. Fines will be issued to players that do not return uniforms.
• 8th Grade GBB - Regional game on November 26th at 5PM at Glenwood Middle School.
• Cheerleaders -
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball - If you would like to tryout for volleyball team, see Ms. Toni in the Discipline Office, room 110. This is ONLY for 7th & 8th grade girls.
• 6th Grade BBB -
• 7th Grade BBB -
• 8th Grade BBB -
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!