Tuesday, February 12, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Cold weather is upon us. Please be sure you are wearing your coat, hat, gloves, & scarf. Don't leave anything on the bus. Car riders are reminded that you will not be allowed inside the building until 7:40AM. Dress warmly!
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 25: 02/11-02/15/19 Social Awareness Skills:
I will take notice of other's feelings.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
No Birthdays Today
Main Entrée: Ravioli with Meatless Sauce & Garlic Bread OR Philly Steak with Garlic Bread
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Egg & Cheese on a Biscuit
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
PUMPED UP PRIDE CARD PULL
It's that time of year for another Pumped Up PRIDE card pull!! You will see prize sleeves hanging outside of the cafeteria. Place your PRIDE cards in the sleeve behind the prize you hope to win! Make sure you read the prizes carefully, because some prizes will be awarded to students from a specific grade level.
Remember to write your first and last name on your PRIDE cards.
You can still place PRIDE cards in your advisory baskets. We will continue to have advisory drawings as well.
The more PRIDE you show, the more chances you have to win!
BLACK HISTORY MONTH INTERESTING FACTS
Did you know ........
• Cathay Williams was the one and only female Buffalo Soldier, posing as a man named William Cathay, to enlist in the 38th infantry in 1866. She served for two years before a doctor discovered that she was a woman which led to her discharge.
• Journalist Ida Wells-Barnett refused to give up her railcar seat for a white man in 1884, and bit a conductor on the hand when he tried to force her. She was dragged off the train. She sued the railroad and initially won, but the decision was overturned.
• In 2008, Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt became the first man to ever set three world records in a single Olympic games.
BLACK HISTORY MONTH T-SHIRT ORDER
If you would like to order a Black History month t-shirt, please pick up an order form from the Jaguar News in the main lobby. All shirts are long-sleeved and will cost $12 each. Get your orders in soon!
Congratulations to the following Advisory classes:
- Ms. Swaggerty
- Mr. Garman
- Mrs. Harris
- Dr. Hoffman
- Ms. Cullen
One student from each of those classes will win a certificate for a FREE meal from Texas Roadhouse! Winners must hold onto the certificate and take it to Texas Roadhouse to redeem for the free meal.
GUEST TEACHER KUDOS
Congratulations to the following classes who showed their PRIDE with a guest teacher:
- Ms. Swaggerty's Advisory & 5th period classes on 02/05/19
- Mr. Hamilton's 4th period class on 02/05/19
- Ms. Moore's 5th period class on 02/05/19
- Ms. Hoffek's 4th period class on 02/05/19
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters will meet after school in the library on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Yearbook Staff Meeting
Your meeting for today has been cancelled. You will meet Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 211. If you have any questions, see Ms. Sponsler or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers.
Yearbooks will be on sale for $15 through the end of this month. Starting March 1st, the price increases to $20. Order yours before the price increases! Order forms can be found in the Jaguar News or in rooms 211 &123.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cheerleaders -
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball -
• 7th Grade Girls' Volleyball - HOME games today against Little Flower School. The 7th grade game is scheduled to begin at 6PM.
• 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball - HOME games today against Little Flower School. The 7th grade game is scheduled to begin at 6PM.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!