Friday, February 22, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Cold weather is upon us. Please be sure you are wearing your coat, hat, gloves, & scarf. Don't leave anything on the bus. Car riders are reminded that you will not be allowed inside the building until 7:40AM. Dress warmly!
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 26: 02/18-02/15/22 Social Awareness Skills:
I will be inclusive and welcome others to interact with me, even if I do not normally interact with them.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Robert R. — Aaron D. — Kaelyn M. — Latishiyona A. — Keevus S. — Kaylia A.!
Main Entrée: BBQ Beef Rib on a Bun OR Mozzarella Breadsticks with Marinara Dipping Sauce
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Rounds
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
PUMPED UP PRIDE CARD PULL
Today is the last day for students to place PRIDE Cards in the Pumped up Prize Sleeves located by the cafeteria. Winners will be announced starting next week!
BLACK HISTORY MONTH INTERESTING FACTS
Did you know ........
• Shirley Chisholm was the first Black woman elected to Congress and the first Black major-party presidential candidate. She survived three assassination attempts during her 1972 campaign.
• The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, snagged several Guinness World Records, including highest annual earnings for a pop star, best-selling album of all time for his classic Thriller, and most Grammy awards won in a year with 8 awards. Incidentally, Beyonce holds that record for the ladies with 6 awards in 2010.
BLACK HISTORY MONTH T-SHIRT ORDER
If you would like to order a Black History month t-shirt, please pick up an order form from the Jaguar News in the main lobby. All shirts are long-sleeved and will cost $12 each. Get your orders in soon!
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
- 6th grade - 91.89%
- 7th grade - 92.42%
- 8th grade - 89.28%
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
FACE TEAM MEETING
The monthly JMS FACE Team Meeting will be held on Wednesday from 5:30-6:30PM. Our goal is to build relationships between staff, students, and parents!
- BBSS Specialist [Braided Behavior Support Systems], Mrs. Stephanie McCorkle will speak.
- Discussion of the JMS School Compact
There will be free door prizes and light refreshments!
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Yearbooks will be on sale for $15 through the end of this month. Starting March 1st, the price increases to $20. Order yours before the price increases! Order forms can be found in the Jaguar News or in rooms 211 &123.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball - Games tomorrow at WMS against FMS. B team plays at 8AM & A team plays at 8:45AM. You must provide your own transportation.
• 7th Grade Girls' Volleyball - Regional game at Quincy Jr High against Jacksonville Jr High at 10:15AM. Team bus will leave JMS at 7:30AM sharp — be here by 7:15AM. Bring both of your jerseys.
• 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball -
• Track - There will be optional track practice for boys and girls next week on Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday immediately after school. Anyone wanting to participate MUST have a physical on file. There are NO tryouts. See Mr. White in room 101 in you have any questions.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!