Monday, April 8, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 32: 04/08-04/12/19 Self Awareness Skills:
How can we listen to one another respectfully?
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Main Entrée: Macaroni & Cheese with a Breadstick OR BBQ Pulled Pork on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Fruit & Yogurt Parfait with Granola
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
FORTNITE BOOK CHALLENGE
Don't forget to keep reading books for the JMS Fortnite Book Challenge — read those books and fill out your Battle Pass!
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
Congratulations to our 6th graders — they are the March Attendance Challenge winners! All 6th grade students may come out of uniform on Wednesday, April 10th. Please follow JMS & District dresscode guidelines.
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
MUFFINS WITH MOM
Please join us for our annual Muffins with Mom on Friday, April 12th at 7:30AM in the JMS Gym. Activities will include a "Don't Be Salty" ritual and constructing and discussing footprints. Please return your reservation by Wednesday, April 10th.
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
IMSA will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 206.
The Scholastic Bowl team will have practice today from 2:30-4PM in room 123.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - Practice today after school from 2:30-4PM.
• JMS Cheerleading Tryouts
- Mandatory Parent Meeting -April 26 with 6th grade at 5PM & 7th and 8th grade at 6PM in the library
- Cheer Clinic Days - April 29 & 30 from 4:30-6PM in the gym
- Tryouts - May 3rd with 6th grade from 4:30-5:30PM & 7th and 8th grade from 5:30-6:30PM
- Open to all rising 6th through 7th & 8th grade students
- Attire for Cheer Clinics & Tryouts - comfortable length-appropriate shorts, t-shirt, and a hair bow
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!