Thursday, September 1, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch!
DAILY HEALTH TIP
You are in charge of your body. Treat your body well and it will treat you well.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Noah B., Tyler P., Trent P., Danielle Z., & Dearrius A.!
Main Entree: Tuna Salad & Ham Salad Sandwiches; Chicken Patties; Pork Patties; Hot Dogs; Hamburgers; Pizza; Corn; Chips
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancakes-on-a-Stick
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade students must have a physical. Please either bring in your completed physical form or proof of an appointment scheduled.
The JMS School Store is now open! Come buy school supplies at the cafeteria doors before school.
• Girls on Track ~ Girls on Track is a club for any girls in our school that starts September 7th. Only the first 15 girls to sign up can be in the group. We will have group meetings, fun games, and of course — we will run! If you are interested in joining this fun new group, see Mrs. Dunn in room 213 for an application.
• IMSA ~ Looking for an after-school activity? Perhaps IMSA [Illinois Math & Science Academy] is just for you! Learn how to extract DNA ~ Become a DNA detective and Genetics Genius at IMSA! Pick up an application from Ms. Wright in room 206. Applications are due on Friday, September 9th. Mrs. McCorkle & Ms. Wright hope to see you there! IMSA meets on Mondays after school from 3-4:15PM.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20.
• Yearbook Club ~ If you would like to have input and help create the JMS yearbook, please attend our yearbook informational meeting on September 15th from 2:30-4PM. Questions? See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Fundraiser ~ Don't forget the fall fundraiser is on-going. When you take orders from friends and family members, please remember to collect payment. Checks should be made payable to Jefferson Middle School. All orders and money are due on September 6th.
• 21st Century ~ 21st Century is back! Program starts September 12th. Pick up an application in the Guidance Office.
• Cross Country ~ Cross country practice today after school. Be dressed and ready by 2:45PM. Meet in the hallway by the gym doors.
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Tryouts will be held on today [Sept. 1st] from 2:30-4PM for 7th & 8th grade girls interested in playing on the JMS 7th & 8th grade girls' basketball team.
There will be an activity bus available. Wear shorts, t-shirts & tennis shoes. New players may try out. See Mrs. Wash if in room 210 if you have any questions!
• 6th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Congratulations to the following girls for making the basketball team: Heather R., Tatianna B., Mariah K., Michelle L., Ceola F., Alayah A., Marissa L., Sahraya B., Christina B., Jayonna C., Abbi M., & Alexis B.!
• Dance Team ~ Congratulations to the following girls for making the Jagettes Hip-Hop Dance Team:
Jewel R., Lasaja C., Mariah K., Jasmine W., Jaylynn M., & Keyanna W.! Please see Ms. Austin in the main office during your lunch shift.
There IS dance practice tonight from 6-8PM. Please arrive by 6:05PM or you will not be able to get in the building.
• LHS Pom Poms Kiddie Camp ~ LHS dance clinic will be held on Saturday, September 10, from 9AM-1PM. Registration fee is $25 & includes a t-shirt, lunch, & performance at a varsity football game on September 16th. Registration forms are available in the front office from Ms. Austin.
SCHOOL PHYSICAL EXAMS
Catholic Charities & St. Clare's Health Clinic will be providing school physical exams for all kids on September 9th. Please call (217) 523-1474 today to make your appointment. Each child will receive a FREE bookbag full of school supplies with the exam.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!