Wednesday, January 18, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Listen for an announcement about whether we will be going outside at lunch today!
DAILY HEALTH TIP
In China and other parts of Southeast Asia, people eat rice from a bowl, along with colorful vegetables plus high protein foods such as tofu, made from soybeans. Even small children learn to eat with chopsticks.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
No Birthdays Today
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Chicken Strips; Baked Beans; Rolls with Butter & Jelly
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• WEB PRIDE Cards ~ WEB leaders will be passing out WEB PRIDE cards to 6th grade students today during 5th period. 6th grade students must arrive to class on time and come prepared with materials. The WEB bin will be in the main lobby.
• Yearbooks ~ If you would like to order a JMS 2011-2012 yearbook, please fill out the form and return it along with your payment to Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Yearbooks cost $20. Payment plans are available!
• Staff vs Students Volleyball Game ~ There will be a staff vs students volleyball game on Friday. Teams will consist of PRIDE card winners. To attend or participate, you MUST have 92% or better attendance and no referrals for the month of January.
• 8th Grade T-shirts ~ Please remember to turn in your $15 for your 8th grade t-shirt to Mrs. Berendes in room 202.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Study session from 2:30-4PM in Coach Gass' room followed by practice from 4-6PM.
• Cheerleaders ~ Practice today after school
ISAT Survivor Night will be held on Tuesday, January 24th from 5:30-7PM at JMS. Food will be provided. Parents and students will participate in fun activities to gain the knowledge and skills to outwit, outplay, and out-test the ISAT. Test dates are from March 6th through March 16th. Please return your RSVP to any teacher by January 23rd.
Students: You may only go to your lockers before school, before and after lunch, and after school. If you are in your locker at any other time, you will receive consequences. You may not go to your locker between classes!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!