Thursday, February 23, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We may be outside at lunch today depending on the weather conditions.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Are you running out of exercise ideas? Here are a few: kickball, rollerblading, gymnastics, jumping on a trampoline, Frisbee, pingpong, swimming, jumping rope, shooting hoops, riding a bike, walking, running, playing catch, jogging, hiking, tennis, kicking a soccer ball around, handball, tag, going on the swings, and dancing.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Brandon B. & Matthew R.!
• Please remove all hats and stocking caps when you enter the building.
• You will not be allowed in the building in the mornings until 7:50AM unless you have a pass. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• No 3-D glasses
• No rubber bracelets
• No gum
• No ponytail holders to be worn anywhere other than your hair
• No jackets in classroom
• No jackets or sweatshirts worn tied at your waist
• No hoodies in the classroom
• No sagging of pants
• No shirts tied or knotted in the back
• No backpacks or string bags allowed in the classrooms
• All cell phones should be turned off and kept in your locker during the school day. This includes before and after school when you are walking in the halls.
• All hats must be kept in your locker during the school day.
Main Entree: Tacos; Corn
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donut Holes & Pancakes-on-a-Stick
Remember ~ All JMS students eat breakfast & lunch free of charge!
AFRICAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION
Yesterday's question was:
Where was the first black green letter intercollegiate sorority founded?
Today's question is:
What name was given to the period of cultural rebirth that took place in Harlem, New York?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drop it in the answer box.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• 8th Grade T-shirts ~ Last call for 8th grade t-shirts. Please give your size and $15 to Mrs. Miller or Mrs. Berendes no later than Friday by 2PM. No exceptions!
• Yearbooks ~ The prices of yearbooks will increase as of March 1st. If you would like to get one at the current price of $20, see Mrs. Nosa in room 115. Limited quantities are available!
• Munchies with Mom ~ Mothers are invited to come and have breakfast and munchies with their students today from 8-8:45AM. It is an opportunity to interact with other mothers and do a fun activity with your students.
~ If you are sent to a buddy room or sent to the office on a referral on the day of a game, you will NOT be allowed to go to the game. This includes players on the team, cheerleaders & dancers. ~
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Home game today at 3:30PM against Lincoln Magnet/Ball Charter.
• Track ~ Track begins March 7th. Practice will begin at 2:45PM in the gym. Make sure you wear gym clothes.
1) A recent physical
2) Proof of insurance or Public Aid
3) You must have a completed athletic card on file in the office.
4) You must have had a 2.0 GPA at the semester.
One tactic to discourage bullies is to ask them to repeat what they just said because then it looks like they are taking orders from you!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!