Friday, May 18, 2012
• Attendance of 92%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
We will be outside at lunch today.
DAILY HEALTH TIP
Our bodies need the proper fuel to work the way they are supposed to. Just as a car needs the right type of gasoline to run right, we need to eat healthy food to be at our best.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Sanji M., Cortez F. & Christopher F.!
• The last day to use your locker is tomorrow.
Please return all lunch trays, utensils, dishes, etc. to the cafeteria when you are finished using them. Inventory must be completed in the kitchen before the end of the year.
• Students with overdue books will have a noon detention the first 10 minutes of their lunch hour everyday in the library until their overdue books are returned. Get those books returned to the library!
Students may take books off of the card in the library lobby. They are free.
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT SURVEYS
Family Engagement surveys are due to Miss Austin by today. Please complete and return for a special treat. Be sure to put your name on the envelope to receive your treat. If you turned in a survey and did not receive your treat see Miss Austin during your lunch period.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbooks ~ Yearbooks are still on sale for $23. Order your yearbook today ~ limited quantities are available! See Mrs. Nosa in room 115.
• Track ~ Good luck to our track athletes competing in State competition today and tomorrow!
• Southeast High School Soccer ~ If you are interested in playing soccer at SSEHS next year, call 502-1080. Leave your name & number with Mrs. Buscher or Curry Buscher. They will get back to you with summer practice information.
• Southeast High School 2012-2013 Boys' Basketball Camp ~ Camp to be held June 18-22. Pick up an application and more information in room 110 from Mrs. Johnson or Mrs. Nikson.
• Lanphier High School Basketball Camp ~ The LHS basketball camp will be held June 11th-15th. Register now. Come to room 214 for registration forms and more information.
• Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp ~ Marke Freeman Boys & Girls Fundamental Basketball Camp for 3rd-8th grades to be held June 25-29 at Lanphier High School. For more information, please pick up a brochure in the Guidance Office.
• Springfield Striders Track Club ~Sign up to be a part of the Springfield Striders Track Club. There will be an informational meeting today at 5:30PM at Southeast High School Commons. Practice starts June 5th at Southeast track from 5:30-7PM. For more information about registration, call: Angela Harden at 744-3728 or Mary Watters at 546-7236.
HAVE YOU MOVED?
If you have moved or have a different phone number, please let Mrs. Frye know.
LLCC Summer College for Kids Courses
Lincoln Land Community College will be offering a number of summer classes and camps for kids. Some of the offerings are Crafts & Hobbies classes, Culinary classes, Language Arts classes, Math & Science classes, Music & Theater classes, Social Science classes, and Visual Arts classes as well as volleyball, baseball, soccer, softball, and basketball camps. For more information, go to the JMS Guidance Office for a packet.
FRESHMEN FORWARD 2012
Freshmen Forward is a three-day freshmen orientation that will be held Tuesday, August 7th, Wednesday, August 8th, and Thursday, August 9th. Freshmen Forward will run from 8:24AM-2:17PM all 3 days. Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to interact with other freshmen, upperclassmen, teachers, and administrators. Sessions will include information to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
Empathy/Acts of Kindness:
Today I want to issue a challenge to everyone in this building, both students and staff, to try to perform an act of kindness for someone else. This could be holding the door open for someone, helping someone pick up something They've dropped, picking up a piece of trash in the hallway, or just giving someone a compliment.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!