Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Welcome back from Spring Break!
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
• Students are not allowed in the teachers' lounge at any time for any reason.
• Cell phones are to be turned off and stored in your locker during the school day. If the phone is seen or heard, it will be taken and a parent will have to come to school to retrieve it. At no time should students use their phones to video tape or photograph at school. Consequences will be issued.
Happy birthday to .......
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: Bosco Sticks with Spaghetti Dipping Sauce; Chicken Strips; Pepperoni Pizza; Steamed Broccoli
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Frittatas [Baked Egg & Cheese]
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• IMSA ~ There will be an IMSA meeting after school today in room 206. If you cannot attend, please see Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman for field trip information!
• Beta Club Dance ~ The Beta Club will sponsor a dance on Friday evening from 5:30-7:30PM. Advance tickets will be sold for $3 each. Tickets purchased at the door will cost $5 each. Your parents MUST be here promptly at 7:30PM to pick you up!
• National Library Month ~
The National Library Contest question for Tuesday is:
How many biographies books are there in the library?
Please come into the library to fill out an answer sheet. Remember to fill out slips for the estimate of the 3 candy jars.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. There are a limited number left. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
• LLCC College for Kids ~ LLCC's Youth Services Program and the Athletics Department are excited to offer summer 2013 classes and camps for students who have completed Kindergarten through 8th grade as of Spring 2013. For more information, pick up an informational application packet from the bulletin board in the main lobby.
• Chess Tournament ~ Announcing a free chess tournament for children in grades K-8 who know how to play chess.
Where: Trinity Lutheran School
When: Friday, April 12th from 5:30-9:30PM
For additional information, please contact Dr. James Greenwald at (217) 544-4411.
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!