Monday, May 13, 2013
This week's Focused Instructional Practice strategy is: CAUSE AND EFFECT
Happy birthday to .......
Nicole E., Damien G., & Jazmyne M.!
Main Entree: Sloppy Joes; Chicken Patties; Gilardi Cheese Sticks with Sauce; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Sausage Biscuits
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• IMSA ~ The final IMSA meeting of the year will be today in room 206.
• 8th Grade Dance ~ The JMS 8th grade dance will be held on Tuesday, May 28th from 1:30-3PM. You must attend school on that day or you will NOT be admitted to the dance. This is for Jefferson 8th grade students only!
• SSHS Show Choir ~ The Southeast High School show choir is holding auditions for all incoming 8th graders. Auditions will be held today from 3:30-6:30PM. If you are interested in auditioning, please see Ms. Harrison for more information.
• Title I Surveys ~ Title I surveys have been distributed for families to fill out. These must be returned no later than May 23rd. Those students who return surveys to Mr. Klasing by the due date will receive a treat from him.
• Track ~ Track practice on Tuesday & Thursday this week.
Congratulations to the following student athletes who will be representing JMS in the IESA State Track Meet:
— Jace F. ~ Long Jump
— Tori C. ~ 100m Dash
— Jace F., Evan M., Zak W., Dontarius A., Gage W. ~ Boys' 4X100m Relay
— Tori C., Alaria P., Devion A., Ariyah W., Hannah C. ~ Girls' 4X100m Relay
• UIS Women's Basketball Girls' Basketball Camp ~ The University of Illinois-Springfield Women's Basketball 2013 Girls' Basketball Individual Camp for 4-8 grade girls will be held June 17-20 from 9AM-4PM. See the bulletin board in the main lobby for more information.
• SSHS Boys Basketball Camp ~ Southeast High School will hold a boys' basketball camp June 17th through June 21st. For more information and registration forms, please see Mr. Hamilton in room 214.
• SSHS Youth Football Camp ~ Southeast High School is sponsoring a football conditioning and skills camp for students entering grades 3-8 on Monday, June 3rd through Thursday, June 6th from 9:30AM-3PM. There is a $50 per camper fee.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!