Thursday, May 20, 2010
Our Instructional Focus:
At Jefferson Middle School we are...
• And discussing what we learn
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
NO RUBBER BANDS — NO JELLY/PLASTIC BRACELETS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1588, the Spanish Armada set sail from Lisbon. Their goal was to gain control of the English Channel so they could transport troops into Britain.
Congratulations to all of our outstanding students who were recognized last night at Honors Night. Great job!
Main Entree: Gilardi Cheese Sticks with Dipping Sauce; French Fries
No A la Carte for 6th grade due to the mess left in the cafeteria yesterday!
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donuts
Thank you to all students who have brought their accounts up to date. Remember ~ no more charges!
DRESS CODE REMINDERS
• No water bottles in classrooms.
• Students must wear uniform pants appropriately. No sagging and no rolled up pant legs!
• Capri pants and shorts may now be worn!
• Track ~ Congratulations to Devonte R., Nick R., Edwin G., & Aaron P. and alternate Cameron M. on making it to the IESA State Championships in the 4X100m relay. Devonte will also be competing in the 400m dash.
All track athletes need to turn in their sweats and uniforms to Mr. Blunk in room 104, Mrs. Borders in the main office or Mr. Taylor in the gym. Please place your CLEAN uniform in a grocery bag with your name on a piece of paper so the coaches know who has turned in their uniform.
• SSHS Summer Non-Tackle Football Camp
When: June 21-25, 2010
Grades: 5, 6, 7, and 8
Call head football coach Elbert E. Kern at 525-3130 for more information.
• SSHS Boys Basketball Camp ~
When: June 14-19, 2010
Time: Age 11 thru 8th grade — 10:15AM-12:15PM & Incoming freshmen — 1:15-3:15PM
Call head basketball coach Lawrence Thomas at 525-3130, ext. 198 or 199 for more information.
• Spfld Junior Football League ~ The Springfield Junior Football League is registering players for the upcoming season. All 6th, 7th, & 8th grade students who are interested in signing up can come to Kick's on 6th Street on Saturday, May 22nd from 11:30AM-4PM. If you have any questions, call the JFL Hot Line at 416-8533.
The Springfield Junior Football League is also signing up anyone who is interested in cheering for the teams. If you are interested in being a cheerleader for the teams, please come to Kick's on 6th Street on Saturday, May 22nd from 11:30AM-4PM and register.
PAWS FOR READING
Keep reading and recording your minutes! Be sure to check out the posters in the main lobby that are tracking your progress in the competition.
7th Grade ~ 8,672 minutes
Teachers/Staff ~ 10,702 minutes
8th Grade ~ 27,690 minutes
6th Grade ~ 59,628 minutes
Please check out the showcase in the front lobby to see if you have overdue books that need to be returned to the library.
Please dig through your lockers today and return any library books that may be located within. Fines for overdue books are posted in the main lobby.
END OF THE YEAR TRIPS
Don't forget the end of the year trips! 6th & 7th graders will be going to Knight's Action Park next week on Monday and 8th grade students will be going to 6 Flags tomorrow. In order to be eligible to go on either trip, you must be passing all of your classes, your attendance must be at least 91%, and you may not have any suspensions during 4th quarter.
There are only a few yearbooks left! Come purchase yours today in room 115 from Ms. J-C.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property