Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Sweatshirts must be worn the proper way — not inside out!
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in! No long sleeved shirts are to be worn under your short sleeved uniform polo shirt.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
7th graders who have PE 1st hour: you must come to school in dress code and then change into your PE clothes!
Main Entree: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches; Cheesy Potatoes; Green Beans
Chips will be sold at the registers.
Students ~ remember to sit on the correct side of the cafeteria by your last name — A-K or L-Z. If you are on the wrong side, you will receive an administrative lunch detention!
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Students ~ please remember to bring your coat with you to the cafeteria at lunch! You will not be allowed to go back to you locker. We go outside all year!
J-Jazz begins today with practice after school. New members will be allowed at this time! Volleyball students ~ you will split your time with practice.
Full 6th grade band on Thursday. Bring your instruments.
• 7th & 8th grade boys' basketball team members should meet in room 214 immediately after school. Your practice is from 4-5PM today.
• The 6th grade volleyball teams will NOT have practice today!
JMS PRIDE Club will meet in room 210 during lunch Thursday. Bring your art supplies!
Attention all Beta Club members: please turn in your January hours! We will have our next meeting today. You should also be turning in your money — $52 with checks made out to JMS Beta Club — for the convention.
The date of our skating party for January is being changed. Listen for more information later.
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school.
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
Guest teachers are aware of our BIST procedures. Please respect our guest teachers. If you must be removed from a classroom that has a guest teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
Congratulations to Karen Williams for finding the jaguar with out office expectations poster. Keep looking for that jaguar!
The following students have had their PRIDE cards drawn and may pick up their prizes in the main office after school:
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!