HAPPY HOLIDAYS ~ 1:30PM DISMISSAL TODAY
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
There are trash barrels in the hall. Please use them to clean out your lockers. Let's clean up before break!
Snow is to stay on the ground! You are not allowed to throw snow, snowballs, ice, etc. If you choose to throw snow, you will receive 4 after-school detentions!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Sweatshirts must be worn the proper way — not inside out!
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in! No long sleeved shirts are to be worn under your short sleeved uniform polo shirt.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
7th graders who have PE 1st hour: you must come to school in dress code and then change into your PE clothes!
Main Entree: Gilardi Cheese Sticks with Dipping Sauce; French Fries; Green Beans
Students ~ remember to sit on the correct side of the cafeteria by your last name — A-K or L-Z. If you are on the wrong side, you will receive an administrative lunch detention!
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Students ~ please remember to bring your coat with you to the cafeteria at lunch! You will not be allowed to go back to you locker. We go outside all year!
Students ~ when we return to school on January 8th, we will begin the second semester which means your elective will change. If you have PE now, you will change to an elective. If you have an elective now, you will change to PE. New schedules will be passed out Tuesday morning January 8th.
If you have library books in your locker, please get them returned to the library today. If you want to renew them for vacation, do it today at lunch.
If you have books you no longer want and would like to donate them to the library for the used book sale, give them to Mrs. Boosinger. The sale will be in January.
6th grade band students: we will start up the first day back from winter break! Take your instruments home over break to practice. Remember to bring your instrument back on Tuesday, January 8th!
WINTER BREAK BOOGIE
There will be a Southeast Poms Camp Saturday, January 5th from 9AM-2PM in the Southeast gym. The $20 registration fee includes a t-shirt. Boys are welcome to attend as well. Pick up a registration form in the main office if you are interested!
For more information, contact Karmen Goodrich at email@example.com or call SE High School.
• Candy-Grams will be delivered during 7th hour today!
JMS yearbooks are on sale now for $35. These are very nice hardback books that will be in full color! The cover will be a candid shot of our 8th grade students. Please see Mr. Battles in the main office to order yours.
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school. Behaviors such as the practice referred to as "peeling" are disruptive to the learning environment and can be dangerous. Students who continue to put their hands on others while outside, in the halls, or in class may be issued an after school detention. "Peeling" is not permitted while at school!
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!