Thursday, January 14, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE TEMPERATURE IS BELOW 30˚ •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Final Exam Schedule
Thursday ~ Science/History Exams
Friday ~ Make Up Exams
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
If you're a sandwich fan, try different kinds of whole grain breads and rolls, Pita pockets, wraps, sub rolls, tortillas, and bagels can all be found in whole grain varieties and can be used to make unique sandwiches.
Have you ever had whole-wheat spaghetti? It has a sweet nutty taste that's good in a pasta salad or with tomato sauce. If you want to ease into whole grains, try cooking half a package of whole grain pasta with half a package of refined pasta.
If you like to bake muffins, biscuits, pancakes, cookies, or other treats, try replacing a fourth to a half of the white flour in your recipes with whole grain flour.
On-the-go teens need healthy snacks. Smart snack choices are a part of a healthy eating plan.
Main Entree: Cheese Ravioli with Meat Sauce; Garlic Bread; BBQ Pork Rib on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Muffins and Cheese
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Practice today from 2:30-4PM in room 122. See Ms. Harrison if you have any questions.
Thank to those of you who picked up an AVID application. If you have an application, please complete the application along with the teacher recommendation form attached, and please return it to Mrs. Lott or Ms. Petty in room 222 today. We look forward to you turning in your application!
Washington, D.C. Fundraiser Info
8th graders going to Washington, D.C.:
Fundraiser donuts will be at JMS Friday, January 15th, by 7:15AM.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
"Even In The Future, The Story Begins With Once Upon A Time."
Join the JMS book club! We will be reading Cinder. Anyone may join! We will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip!
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Slam Dunk for the City
The "Spirit of Giving" is back! Help JMS support the City Tournament Food Drive. We will be collecting cash donations from January 14-20 to help the District meet its goal and help families in need. Bring in your coins and dollars and turn them in to your 1st hour teacher.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing in January so keep collecting those box tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
* 6th grade practice today from 2:30-4PM.
* 7th grade practice today from 4-5PM.
* 8th grade practice today from 5-6PM.
• Springfield Youth Football
Tackle football for 1st through 8th grade!
2016 registration will be held Saturday, February 6th from 10AM-1PM in the basement of the Bank of Springfield Building at 9th & Madison.
New players must bring a copy of their birth certificate that the league can keep. The registration fee is $105 for returning players and $135 for new players.
Flyers are available in the Jaguar News.
For more information, call (217) 341-8205 or email email@example.com or go to http://www.springfieldyouthfootball.com
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!