Monday, December 11, 2017
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Many fruits and vegetables can only be grown certain times of the year in the United States. In the winter, fruits like strawberries and blueberries have to come all the way from other continents like South America. Some people pick or buy lots of fruits and vegetables in the summer and freeze them for the winter.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
You may only go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You may not go to your locker between classes. Be sure you are prepared for class!
You only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entrée: Cheeseburger Macaroni & Cheese or Chicken Fajitas
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Egg & Cheese Bosco Stick
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
When you hear the tardy bell music, girls should be in the cafeteria and boys should be outside. You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch
PE LOCKER ROOMS
The PE locker rooms are open in the morning before advisory everyday. This is when you should put your PE clothes in your PE locker. No bags are allowed in classrooms.
Order forms for long sleeve t-shirts, crew neck sweatshirts, and hoodies can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. Please remember that hoodies cannot be worn in the classroom.
BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION
Keep bringing in those Box Tops!
If you are on Check-in Check-out, please remember to give your check sheet to each of your teachers AND to check out with your last teacher of the day!
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters will meet after school every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-4PM in the library. Make sure you have turned in your contract.
The last Show Choir practic before your performance Thursday evening will be tomorrow from 4-5:15PM.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cheerleaders -
• 7th Grade Girls' Basketball - Get your complete uniform turned in to Coach Gephart as soon as possible.
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball -
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball - AWAY games today against Bloomington Jr High at 4:30PM. The team bus will leave JMS at 2:30PM.
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball - AWAY games today against Bloomington Jr High at 4:30PM. The team bus will leave JMS at 2:30PM.
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball - Practice today from 5-7PM.
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball - Practice today from 3-5PM.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ….
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!