Monday, May 21, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
- Today, 05/18 - History & Science
- Tuesday, 05/22 - Electives
- Wednesday, 05/23 - No Finals ~ Highway to Health Day
- Thursday, 05/24 - Math
- Friday, 05/25 - Make Up Exams
Due to the high number of overdue library books this year, there will be no more check-out. We will only have check-in. Please return all library books to the library and place them in the box right inside the library doors. If your book is in your locker, be sure to return it to the library as soon as possible.
Tomorrow during your lunch hour, you will be allowed to go to the library for a book giveaway. So, come on down to the library and pick up some good books for summer reading!
Thank you to the following classes for being respectful and doing the right thing while with a guest teacher!
- Mrs. Hoffman's 6th period class on 05/17/18
- Mr. Hamilton's advisory class on 05/17/18
- Ms. Johnson's 7th period class on 05/17/18
- Ms. French's 3rd period class on 05/16/18
- Ms. Harrison's 3rd period class on 05/15/18
- Mrs. Davis' advisory class on 05/11/18
- Mrs. Magruder's 6th & 7th period classes on 05/15/18
Congratulations and keep making good choices!
PRIDE CARD WINNERS
Congratulations to the following advisory classes. One PRIDE card from each of these classes will be drawn and that student will win one free item from Snack Attack!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
What is clean fuel? The healthiest foods are vegetables, fruits, beans and lentils, nuts and seeds, and whole grains.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, etc.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
You may only go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You may not go to your locker between classes. Be sure you are prepared for class!
You only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
We are conducting hallway sweeps! Get to class on time. If you are tardy, you will be instructed to go to one of the offices where you will call your parent and then be issued consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entrée: BBQ Pulled Pork on a Bun OR Cheeseburger
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Biscuit & Gravy
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
When you hear the tardy bell music, girls should be in the cafeteria and boys should be outside. You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch!
PE LOCKER ROOMS
The PE locker rooms are open in the morning before advisory everyday. This is when you should put your PE clothes in your PE locker. No bags are allowed in classrooms.
BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION
Keep bringing in those Box Tops!
If you are on Check-in Check-out, please remember to give your check sheet to each of your teachers AND to check out with your last teacher of the day!
There are still yearbooks available! Get yours for the low price of $25 until Wednesday, May 23rd. See Ms. Sponsler in room 123A.
8TH GRADE MOVING UP
The 8th grade Moving Up ceremony will be held tonight at 6PM in the Southeast High School auditorium. 8th grade students should arrive by 5:45PM.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters will meet after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
LHS & SSHS SHOW CHOIR AUDITIONS
Attention all 8th grade students attending Lanphier or Southeast High Schools: Show choir auditions for incoming freshmen will be held this week. Please see Ms. Harrison in room 122 ASAP for information about auditions or how to sign up for next year.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - Track team members must turn in ther uniforms to Mr. Blunk in room 215 as soon as possible. Please attach a piece of paper with your name and uniform number on it.
• SHS Basketball Camp - Springfield High School is sponsoring a summer basketball camp for grades 3-9. There are 2 options — May 30th - June 1st or June 4th - June 7th. Please get an informational flyer from the Jaguar News.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ….
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!