Thursday, January 3, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • WELCOME BACK! •
Cold weather is upon us. Please be sure you are wearing your coat, hat, gloves, & scarf. Don't leave anything on the bus. Car riders are reminded that you will not be allowed inside the building until 7:40AM. Dress warmly!
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 19: 01/03-01/04/19 Self Awareness Skills:
I will use my words to ask for help when I need it.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Main Entrée: Walking Tacos OR Cheese Enchiladas
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donut Holes
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! Boys go directly outside via the boiler room doors. Girls go directly to the cafeteria.
Clubs & Other School Activities
NO Brain Boosters today!
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
Boxtops for Education
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cheerleaders -
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball -
• 7th Grade Girls' Volleyball -
• 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball -
• 6th Grade BBB -
• 7th Grade BBB - HOME games today against WMS. 7th grade game begins at 3:30PM.
• 8th Grade BBB - HOME games today against WMS. 7th grade game begins at 3:30PM.
Scarlet Line Jr. Dance Clinic
- When: Saturday, January 5th
- Where: Springfield High School
- Registration Time: 8:30-9AM
- Camp Time: 9AM-Noon
- Cost: $30 per participant which includes a camp t-shirt
Pick up a flyer from the Jaguar News for more information.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!