Thursday, May 9, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 36: 05/06-05/10/19 Social Awareness Skills:
How can we show that we can be okay when others are not okay?
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes. School is still in session ... come ready to learn!
- Slime should not be brought to school.
- Any punching "games" will not be tolerated at JMS. Consequences could result in inhouse placement or out of school suspension. At JMS, we keep our hands & feet to ourselves.
- Students should NOT be wearing earbuds under their shirts.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Main Entrée: BBQ Roasted Chicken with a Roll OR Chili with Bosco Sticks
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Poptarts
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRT ORDERS
The 1st round of orders for the 8th grade t-shirts has been submitted. A 2nd round of orders will be submitted when we receive 10 or more additional orders and payment. See Mrs. Staab or Mrs. Pyle if you have questions.
PRIDE CARD PULL
Congratulations to ALL advisory clases! One lucky student from each class will win a coupon from Subway for one FREE 6-inch sub sandwich. Students need to hold onto the coupon to receice their free sandwich.
DRESS DOWN DAY FOR GOLD LEVEL
Congratulations! All 6th, 7th, & 8th grade students on gold level will be rewarded with a dress down day on Friday! Please remember to follow the dress code guidelines for JMS and for the District.
SPRING MUSIC PROGRAM
The Spring Music program will be held this evening from 6-7PM in the JMS gym. Student performers should be at the school by 5:45PM. Come out and enjoy a wonderful night of musical performances!
COLLEGE & CAREER BINGO WINNERS
Congratulations to the following winners of the BINGO challenge! Ms. Prather will be in touch with you about your prize.
- Aaran L.
- Kirah W.
- De'Elijah G.
- Dariah B.
- Bryanah B.
- Adrian N.
- Brayden Y.
- Ty C.
- Teagan R.
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters is cancelled for Thursday due to a Faculty/Staff meeting.
Yearbooks are in and can be picked up in room 211 before school and on your way to lunch if you pre-ordered one or received one as a gift in your Out of the Blue basket. Books can only be picked up from Ms. Sponsler. There are a limited number of books available for purchase on a first come first served basis. The cost for these books is $20.
8th Grade Dance
The 8th grade dance will be held Friday evening from 6-8PM. Eligible 8th grade students are invited to a special pre-dance dinner in the cafeteria at 5PM. Eligible 6th & 7th grade students should arrive at 6PM. This is the last dance of the school year.
- Gold & Blue level 8th graders will receive free admission to the dance.
- Gold level 6th & 7th graders will receive free admission to the dance.
- Blue level 6th & 7th graders will pay $3 for admission to the dance.
- If you are Off level, you are not allowed to attend the dance.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - Practice today after school from 2:30-4PM.
• Summer Camps - Check the Jaguar News for more information on summer athletic camps offered by the three city high school.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!