Tuesday, May 14, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 37: 05/13-05/17/19 Social Awareness Skills:
What are ways we can show others that we care about their learning?
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes. School is still in session ... come ready to learn!
- Slime should not be brought to school.
- Any punching "games" will not be tolerated at JMS. Consequences could result in inhouse placement or out of school suspension. At JMS, we keep our hands & feet to ourselves.
- Students should NOT be wearing earbuds under their shirts.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Damian P. & Chakell M.!
Main Entrée: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce & Garlic Bread OR Chicken Strips with Garlic Bread
Tomorrow's Breakfast: French Toast Sticks
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRT ORDERS
The 1st round of orders for the 8th grade t-shirts has been submitted. A 2nd round of orders will be submitted when we receive 10 or more additional orders and payment. See Mrs. Staab or Mrs. Pyle if you have questions.
FORTNITE FOOD FEST
The food fest book challenge party will be held on Thursday in the library during 7th grade lunch from 11:37AM-12:07PM. If you were chosen to attend, you will receive a pass from your literature teacher allowing you to attend the party.
Jefferson's monthly FACE Team meeting will be held Wednesday evening from 5:30-6:30PM in the JMS Library.
Activities will include discussing the JMS Compact and discussing ideas and events for the 2019-20 school year.
Light refreshments will be served.
PRIDE CARD PULLS
Congratulations to all advisory classes! One winner from each advisory class will receive a free French Toast Stick coupon from Burger King. Students need to hold onto the coupon and take it to Burger King to receive the free French Toast Stick.
GUEST TEACHER KUDOS
Congratulations to the following classes who received excellent reports from their guest teachers!
- Ms. French's 5th period
- Mr. Hemstock's 4th & 7th periods
- Ms. Chavours' 2nd period
- Mrs. Mayfield's 1st period
- Ms. Dean's 3rd period
- Mrs. Harris' 7th period
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters will meet after school Tuesdays and Thursdays.
There are less than 20 yearbooks left for purchase! Get them while they last for $20 each. Come to room 211. Once they are gone, they are gone.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - Congratulations to Devonta B. on qualifying for State competition in the 8th grade high jump. Goog luck competing this weekend!
All track athletes must turn in their full uniformand warm-ups to either Coach Bates or Coach White as soon as possible.
• Summer Camps - Check the Jaguar News for more information on summer athletic camps offered by the three city high school.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!