Tuesday, September 3, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 3: 09/03-09/06/19 Self-Management Skills:
I can identify what supports are available to me at school & use them as needed.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Main Entrée: Mini Cheese Ravioli with Garlic Bread OR BBQ Beef Rib on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Fruit & Yogurt Parfait with Granola
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
JMS TV STUDIO
If you are interested in joining the TV studio crew, pick up an application from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, fill it out completely, and return it to Mrs. K. Gephart in room 116. All applications are due no later than Monday, September 9th.
Are you interested in math & science? Then IMSA is the club for you! This year our curriculum is called “Medieval STEM.” We will explore the science, math & technology that was developed & used by civilization during medieval times. Pick up an application & information in the Jaguar news & return it by Friday. If you have any questions please see Ms. Moore in room 206 or Mrs. Horstman in room 113.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country - Practice today from 2:40-4PM. There will be activity buses.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice for anyone interested in playing today from 2:30-4PM and on Thursday from 4-5:15PM. There will be activity buses.
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball - Study circle after school today from 2:30-4PM in the library. Practice today from 4-5:15PM in the gym for any 6th grade girls interested in playing basketball. Activity buses will be available.
• Cheer Squad - Practice today from 4-6PM.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!