Friday, September 13, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 4: 09/09-09/13/19 Social Awareness Skills:
I will consider the perspectivies of others.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
JMS is going to launch its first Gay-Straight-Alliance club. For short, it will be called GSA. This will be a student-led club that creates a safe space for members of the LGBTQ+ community and anyone who wants to support and be an ally, which means friend. The first meeting will be on Monday, September 16th right after school in room 121. You will be able to take the 4:15PM activity bus home.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Nova C. — Louel C. — Jazmyne H.!
Main Entrée: Flatbread Chicken Alfredo Pizza OR Mini Corn Dogs
Monday's Breakfast: Cinnamon Glazed French Toast Sticks
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
Current Attendance Percentages:
- 6th grade - 95.71%
- 7th grade - 96.01%
- 8th grade - 95.67%
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country - Practice is cancelled for today.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice today from 2:30-4PM. Schedules can be picked up outside of Coach White's room 101 on the way to lunch or after school.
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball - Game tomorrow at 11AM at FMS against WMS. You must provide your own transportation.
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball - Tryouts Monday from 4-5:15PM.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!