Thursday, October 3, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 7: 09/30-10/04/19 Relationship Skills:
I will actively listen to peers and adults.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Theory M. — Payton D. — Armanze L. —Natalie S.!
Main Entrée: Open Face Roast Pork Sandwich with a Hawaiian Roll OR Spicy Chicken Strips with a Hawaiian Roll
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Cinnamon Roll
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
Congratulations to our 6th grade winners! 6th graders may dress down tomorrow as a reward. You must follow JMS & District Dress Code Guidelines.
FOOTBALL REFERRAL FREE
Yesterday, 22 of our 33 advisory classes were office referral free! 29 out of our 33 advisories have moved at least 10 yards! Keep showing PRIDE!
If everyone in your advisory class is referral free for the day, your football will move 10 yards. There will be rewards for leading footballs at the end of each week, and grand prizes for touchdowns.
21ST CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
21st Century after-school program will be starting on October 21st. You must fill out an application packet. Packets can be found in the Jaguar News and from Ms. Coleman in the main lobby. All packets must be filled out completely and returned to one of the offices or to Ms. Coleman.
After you turn in your packet, you will receive notification from the Springfield Urban League on when you may begin attending the program.
There will be a mandatory parent/guardian/caregiver meeting for all who will be participating in 21st Century on October 17th from 5:30-6:30PM.
PUMPED UP PRIDE CARD PULLS
October is Pumped Up PRIDE Card Pull month! Be sure to check out the prizes in the cafeteria lobby. We have several fabulous prizes that you can try to win by placing your PRIDE cards in the pocket. You may put in as many PRIDE cards as you want in as many pockets as you want. Please be aware that certain prizes are limited to a specific grade level. Pay attention to where you place your PRIDE cards.
Congratulations to the following Advisory classes:
- Mrs. Goss-Rodgers
- Ms. Harrison
- Ms. Berger
- Mr. D
- Mrs. Davis
- Mrs. Constant
These lucky winners will receive a Laffy Taffy Rope from their Advisory teacher.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
Sports' pictures will be taken today. If you are playing a sport, please be sure to have your uniform with you. 6th grade GBB & 6th grade BBB players should have their game t-shirts.
• Cross Country - Practice after school today from 2:40-4PM.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - HOME games today against Decatur Robertson at 5PM. You have the option of going home after school and returning by 4:30PM OR you may stay after school with your coach. If you stay after school, you must have brought something to eat or have money for pizza.
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball -
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball -
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball - .
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!