Friday, October 11, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! • NO SCHOOL MONDAY •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 8: 10/07-10/11/19 Self-Management Skills:
I will recognize when I am feeling stressed, and have a plan for managing that stress.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Aliyah C. — Carlito J. — Jawad T.!
Main Entrée: Mini Corn Dog Nuggets OR Toasted Cheese Sandwich
Tuesday's Breakfast: Cinnamon Glazed French Toast Sticks
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
- 6th Grade - 98.49%
- 7th Grade - 98.21%
- 8th Grade - 98.59%
21ST CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
21st Century after-school program will be starting on October 21st. You must fill out an application packet. Packets can be found in the Jaguar News and from Ms. Coleman in the main lobby. All packets must be filled out completely and returned to one of the offices or to Ms. Coleman.
After you turn in your packet, you will receive notification from the Springfield Urban League on when you may begin attending the program.
There will be a mandatory parent/guardian/caregiver meeting for all who will be participating in 21st Century on October 17th from 5:30-6:30PM.
PUMPED UP PRIDE CARD PULLS
October is Pumped Up PRIDE Card Pull month! Be sure to check out the prizes in the cafeteria lobby. We have several fabulous prizes that you can try to win by placing your PRIDE cards in the pocket. You may put in as many PRIDE cards as you want in as many pockets as you want. Please be aware that certain prizes are limited to a specific grade level. Pay attention to where you place your PRIDE cards.
If you are interested in joining the JMS yearbook staff, please see Ms. Sponsler [rm 124A] or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers [rm 123B] for an application. Applications can also be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. All applications are due on Friday, October 18th.
GOLD CLUB WINNERS
Congratulations to the following 8th grade Gold Club members! You will be carving pumpkins next week!
- Dominice B.
- Xavier G.
- Harmony M.
- Sacret D.
- Ni'Ziere W.
- Derrianna D.
- Louel C.
- Jacob B.
- Emilie W.
- Jada B.
Congratulations to the following 7th grade Gold Club members! You will be carving pumpkins next week!
- Kasey M.
- Mason W.
- Mic'Zaria D.
- Aiden B.
- Zakiyah B.
- Bailey G.
- Ronald P.
- Nyiesha W.
Congratulations to the following 6th grade Gold Club members! You will be carving pumpkins next week!
- Chrishon C.
- Jordan B.
- Damien F.
- Alex G.
- Nicholas M.
- Autumn B.
- Sandra A.-P.
- Jaydah A.
- Marc'E W.
- Kalea B.
JMS JAGUAR JAZZ BAND
Congratulations to the following students who were selected for the new Jaguar Jazz Band:
- Brayden M.
- Willie D.
- Jveon B.
- Addrian N.
- Shaunessey H.
- Reese G.
- Amir W.
- Aurelia R.
- Eleyna L.
- Charmi M.
Thank you to everyone who auditioned. For those who were not selected, please come back next year and audition again! A special thanks goes to all adults who helped through this process.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country - Practice today after school from 2:30-4PM. Sectional meet tomorrow in Bethalto. The team bus will leave JMS at 7:25AM.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice today from 2:30-4:15PM.
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball - Games tomorrow at FMS at 9AM vs GMS & at 11AM vs LMS-BC. You must provide your own transportation.
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball - Games tomorrow at JMS beginning at 9:30AM vs FMS.
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball Open Gym - Open gym Saturday from 1-3:30PM & Monday from 10AM-1PM for any 7th or 8th grade boy interesed in playing basketball this year. Please bring your own drinks. Gym doors will be locked. Please enter through the gym doors in the 14th St. & Bruce St. parking lot.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!