On February 2nd, 2010, staff at Lawrence Education Center attended a workshop presented by the Central Illinois Adult Education Service Center. The presentation was titled, “Career Clusters 101”. The workshop introduced the staff to the Career Clusters concept. There are 16 Career Clusters, which are groupings of occupations and industries. The different clusters are:
1. Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
2. Architecture & Construction
3. Arts, A/V Technology & Communication
4. Business, Management & Administration
5. Education &Training
7. Government & Public Administration
8. Health Science
9. Hospitality & Tourism
10. Human Service
11. Information Technology
2. Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
14. Marketing, Sales, & Service
15. Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
16. Transportation. Distribution & Logistics.
Incorporating Career Clusters into the educations system offers options for students to gain knowledge of various career options, education needed, projected growth, and salary. Through this knowledge students can plan coursework to meet career needs and connect how educational knowledge and skills transfer to a career.