4th and/or 5th graders at McClernand will be taking the state mandated PARCC assessment next week, March 13-17, and will be tested in reading and math.
You can help your child do his or her best on the test by:
- Making sure that your child attends school on the days of testing and is on time each day
- Making sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing
- Making sure your child eats breakfast on the mornings of testing
- Reminding your child to ask the teacher questions if he or she does not understand the test directions
- Letting your child know that you have confidence in his or her ability to do his or her best
- Advising your child not to worry about the test—just do the best he or she can.
Note: Please avoid going to appointments this week so that your child does not need to make up a test. Also, once the test starts, we are not allowed to pull a student out of a test session. Thank you.