In our last issue of Sandburg Sayings, we revisited the principal’s role as defined in our Home/School Agreement that each of us signed in the fall of this school year. The Home/School Agreement is a promise in good faith that outlines each of our roles in educating the children of Sandburg School. Below is the role of the teacher. Please let us know if you have questions regarding the following information.
As a teacher at Sandburg School, I will:
- Use Illinois State Learning Standards as the core of my lessons.
- Provide motivating and challenging experiences for all students in my classroom.
- Provide information about my expectations, instructional goals, grading system, and student progress to students and parents.
- Provide an environment that promotes high academic and behavioral expectations.
- Teach and model the expected school behaviors as outlined in The Student Success Guide.
- Keep up with current “promising practices” through professional development opportunities and implement them in my classroom.
- Promote open lines of communication between home and school.
Again, we are always interested in your feedback. In the next issue of Sandburg Sayings, we’ll revisit the parent’s role in your child’s education.