Student parking spaces on the SHS campus are quite limited when compared with requests. On-street parking is also limited due to the proximity of SHS to the state complex. We strongly suggest that only students who have a definite NEED to drive to school should be allowed to do so. Following a number of discussions with student leaders, the parking space assignment policy noted below has been established.
1. The first assignment of student parking spaces will be made to handicapped students and those with a need verified by a medical doctor.
2. Senior parking permits will be issued on August 1, 8, and 15 from 8 AM - 2 PM in the main office. The cost is $50 (cash, check, or money order) Items needed: valid driver's license, vehicle registration, and valid insurance card. You must apply in person. Remember that this privilege is based on good attendance and discipline. Students with grades less than a C average and/or students with multiple discipline referrals during the 2011-12 school year are not eligible. If you are eligible and do not pick up your permit during the allotted times and if there are any remaining spaces, you may enter the random drawing with all eligible juniors.
3. Assuming that requests are similar to past years, parking spaces will not be available to freshmen or sophomores in school parking lots unless they qualify under #1 listed above. A random drawing of all remaining available parking will then be open to eligible juniors at the beginning of the school year.
4. Student parking spaces are the Gravel lot and the last four rows of the Commons lot - absolutely no student parking in any Fire Lane, sidewalk, or numbered spaces.
5. Vehicles that do not display the 2012/2013 SHS parking permit will be tagged the first time and towed from the lot the second time at the owner's expense. Vehicles brought on to school property are subject to search. Those who purchase a permit for another individual or otherwise abuse this parking policy will have the privelege of parking in the student lot withdrawn indefinitely.
6. All unnumbered parking spots will be assigned to students as available. Students must have a permit to park on school property and may not park in numbered or vistors spots at any time.