The Springfield High School PTO Welcomes You to the 2017-2018 School Year!
Welcome to Springfield High School! At the SHS Parent/Teacher Organization, we are committed to supporting a vision where families, teachers, and school administration are partners working together for the best interests of all students in the building.
The PTO helps to support teaching and learning at SHS in a number of ways:
- We fund much of the “Be a Senator” program, which encourages attendance and good citizenship.
- We thank teachers with appreciation events, gifts, and a Teacher Grant Program to supplement classroom resources and activities.
- We host events to honor SHS students, including the Honor Roll Breakfast, the National Honor Society Induction Ceremony Reception, and the Senior Recognition Night Reception.
- We assist teachers with grants to support teaching and learning at SHS.
- We organize fundraisers that help us to accomplish all of the above!
The PTO also benefits parents in a number of ways:
- We hold meetings on the last Tuesday of each month, which gives parents a front row seat with Principal Leardi and an opportunity to learn about issues and events at SHS and District 186 and raise any questions.
- We invite teachers and other members of the teaching and learning community at SHS and District 186 to share information and answer parents’ questions about issues that affect student learning.
- We send regular emails and social media posts with meeting summaries, event calendar updates, volunteer opportunities, and links to further information.
We hope you will join us! Everyone is welcome, whether you have plenty of free time or none at all, whether you have participated in the past or never joined before, and whether you can afford a donation or not. If you include your name and best phone number and email on our sign-up sheet, we will put the information in our database and began corresponding with you right away. Though there is no obligation to volunteer for activities, please also indicate if you have any specific areas of interest for helping with the PTO—we have included a list of activities with the sign-up sheet. Membership is only $15 per year, which supports the PTO’s activities and grants. You can pay your dues by check when you sign up, or you can pay through the district’s student fee mailing or intranet. You can also donate more if you’d like and include your donation with your dues.
Please also “like” our Facebook page to stay updated on PTO meetings, events, and volunteer opportunities. You can also check the PTO link on the SHS home page for updates. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact one of the officers listed below.
Thanks for your consideration!
Patti Leamon, President
Cara Swafford, Vice President
Jen Power, Secretary
Tiffani Shekleton, Treasurer