What is a QR Code?
QR is short for quick response. Most are black and white and look like square bar codes. Scanning a QR code links you directly to a website. Anyone can generate a QR code.
Why should I use QR Codes in my classroom?
Teachers have found a variety of ways that QR codes can be useful in the classroom.
|They support instruction and differentiation:|
|1. Create QR codes that link to text of different levels or math practice websites. Assign readers to the appropriate codes.|
|2. Use QR codes to make anchor charts more dynamic. Use a code to link to a useful video or online song that may help students remember and retain information.|
|They support communication:|
1. Have your students teach their parents about QR codes so they know what to do when they see one on homework, newsletters, or in your school.
2. Add a QR code to your newsletter. Link it to a website that you want kids to use at home or your own school or teacher website.
3. Post QR codes next to student work in the hallway. The QR codes should link back to student websites where an “All About Me” piece of writing is posted.
4. Post a QR Code next to your classroom that links to a video introducing you as the teacher.
|Students can take ownership of their learning|
1. Have students embed QR codes in projects or presentations to engage their audience.
2. Have students create and take home a QR code that links parents to their student’s website.
1. Add QR codes to book baskets in your classroom library. Link the codes to author websites or webpages that support the topic or theme.
2. Have students do video book reviews. Post them to your webpage. Create a QR code and put it inside the cover of the book for other students to scan.
3. Post QR codes around your school building that tell more of your story.
4. Use a QR code to gather information by linking to a form that you have created on your webpage.
QR Code Generator Sites
|QR Code Generator||Description||Website|
Create basic black and white QR codes on this site. This is a good place to start if you are new to QR codes.
Create color coded QR codes on this site.
|Using QR Codes in Grade One||http://learningandsharingwithmsl.blogspot.com/2013/10/using-qr-codes-in-grade-one.html|
|QR Codes for Author Websites||https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BznMqXpgFFnsVGtpWGFJT3QzWFk|