About Wanless School
Wanless was named in honor of Fred W. Wanless and Charles S. Wanless, Springfield real estate men, who donated the land for the original school which was built in 1913 at the cost of $7,000. There were only two classrooms, a primary room and an advanced room. Wanless was started as a small county school and became a part of Springfield District #186 in 1953-54.
Additions were added to the school in 1918, 1950, and 1956. After the last addition in 1956, the building housed students in kindergarten through eighth grade. Currently, Wanless School serves 320 students in Kindergarten through Fifth grade.
Our school colors are red and white and our mascot is a Wanless Warrior.